Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

Old October 16th 15, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

On 10/16/2015 4:15 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

which would have made it microsoft's bug, contrary to the other person
who blindly blames adobe for everything.

Says the know it all, while forgetting that a lot of Apple users had a
similar issue.

nope. what eric described is not at all what affected mac users (or
other windows users for that matter).

Uh huh!

--
PeterN
Old October 17th 15, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

that's how windows 10 works.

it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released.

According to you, everyone who doesn't like Win10 is stupid, regardless
of their reason. .

i never said that. more of your lies.

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.
" it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released."

you're stupider than i thought, which already was rather stupid.

Your opinion is of little consequence to me, Especially when you misuse
words.

no words were misused.

first of all, there isn't going to be a windows 19. if you want to be
taken seriously, you should proofread your posts to catch typos.

You, of all people accusing me of playing with words.

with good reason, because that's what lawyers do.

Read your own posting.

second, the discussion is about automatic updates in win 10, which
affects only to those who already have it installed. threshold fixes a
****load of bugs and deferring it would be stupid. many people consider
it to be the real windows 10 initial release.

nowhere did i say anything about liking or disliking it.

what about it?

what part is not clear?
Old October 17th 15, 04:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-10-17 02:25:55 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 19:47:00 -0400, nospam
wrote:

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.
" it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released."

you're stupider than i thought, which already was rather stupid.

Your opinion is of little consequence to me, Especially when you misuse
words.

no words were misused.

An educated person - a product of the University of Wisconsin, for
example - would use "more stupid". "Stupider" is marginally
acceptable, but a mark of a ill-educated person.

This is all very idiotical, or should I say most idiotical.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 15, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.
" it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released."

you're stupider than i thought, which already was rather stupid.

Your opinion is of little consequence to me, Especially when you misuse
words.

no words were misused.

An educated person - a product of the University of Wisconsin, for
example - would use "more stupid". "Stupider" is marginally
acceptable, but a mark of a ill-educated person.

an educated person would discuss the actual topic and not argue about
word usage or hurl insults.

an educated person would find that stupider is in several dictionaries:
https://www.ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?q=stupider
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupider
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stupider
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/stupid

that makes you the stupid one.
Old October 17th 15, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-10-17 01:43, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

While it may be in a dictionary it is an awkward spoken comparative that
sounds very stupid when spoken and looks stupid written.

That said, you're right that Tony is side tracking with such.
Old October 17th 15, 03:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 10/17/2015 01:43 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

Since we are citing "authorities:

This is from a grammar forum, but the poster doesn't provide his
credentials, so I don't present him as an authority, only as a well
written answer:
"If a word does NOT end in Y and has two or more syllables, it is
recommended to use "more" "most" before the word instead of -er, -est,
etc. Like interesting, stunning, beautiful. We wouldn't say
interestinger, beautifulest. Just as stupider and stupidest doesnt sound
quite right. "

This is from a writing help website. The poster, Ted Nesbitt, does
provide his credentials: "I am the bibliographic instruction and
reference librarian at a public college.... I formerly taught advanced
placement English at two schools in the Philadelphia area.... B. A. and
M. A in English; MSIS in Library & Information Sciences; graduate study
in philosophy". His answer mostly agrees with the previous, but is not
as plainly written (IMHO):
""The Heath Handbook" has a list of the preferred comparative and
superlative forms of adjectives and adverbs. The handbook's rule of
thumb is that, if a word is one syllable, use "er" and "est," as in
"tall, taller, and tallest."
But . . . "Many adjectives of two syllables and all longer adjectives
form the comparative and superlative by adding "more" and "most."

Doing a Google search on "more stupid or stupider" yields about 160,000
entries; I checked about a half dozen. (I'm doing end-of-month
financials right now, so I'm looking for any distraction! Don't ask
end-of which month!)

All the sites seem to agree that "more stupid" is preferred, but
"stupider" is also correct.

I think we can all agree however, that nospam's arguments are stupider
than anything outside the political arena, and more stupid than anything
seen on Fox news.

More stupid is that this whole post is the result of PeterN attempting
to write "Windows 10" and instead getting his right hand one key to the
left, and writing "Windows 19", a mistake that any rational and sane
person would see as a typo. Most stupid is that PeterN does not appear
in the attributes for this post- no, I did not snip anything.

(And now, back to that Linux LibreOffice ledger...!)

--
Ken Hart

Old October 17th 15, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-10-17 14:53:36 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

You have to wonder what could possibly be off-topic in this newsgroup.
What is "on-topic"? Certainly not posts about photography.

The "topic", in nospam's posts, is whatever he wants to argue about
today. The "issue" changes direction like a weather vane in a cyclone
in his posts, but it is always - in his stupider opinion - what he
wants it to be.

"The Chinese overhead sewerage system" - discuss.

In any written dialog, word choice is inherently of importance.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 15, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-10-17 01:43, nospam wrote:
In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

And if anyone knows sidetracking it's nospam. This guy has the balls to
complain about sidetracking, while sidetracking because of an obvious typo.

--
PeterN
Old October 17th 15, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-10-17 14:53:36 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

You have to wonder what could possibly be off-topic in this newsgroup.
What is "on-topic"? Certainly not posts about photography.

The "topic", in nospam's posts, is whatever he wants to argue about
today. The "issue" changes direction like a weather vane in a cyclone
in his posts, but it is always - in his stupider opinion - what he
wants it to be.

"The Chinese overhead sewerage system" - discuss.

There is at least one here who would claim it has something to do with a
****head.

Old October 17th 15, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

[...]

An educated person would recognize that "Windows 19" is an obvious
typo and not present a "stupider" argument. It is hypocrisy of the
first order to try to make a meal of a typo and then say that one
shouldn't argue about word usage. It is hypocrisy of the first order
to whine about insults when insulting someone else by calling them
"stupid".

then it's a good thing i recognized it was a typo, which means by your
standard (not that it matters), i'm educated.

as i said before, only now it's even more true:
that makes you the stupid one.

In article , nospam