Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

Old October 16th 15, 04:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default Latest updates of Windows 10 and CC Light Room

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 03:59:13 -0400, "J. Clarke"

says...

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 19:05:12 -0700, Savageduck

On 2015-10-15 01:39:29 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

It's not quite that simple. MS is going to update your computer, and
you're going to like it!!!

But there's this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/

I haven't bothered with any of that yet, mainly because I haven't had
any real problems with the updates so far.

If worse comes to worse set your router to block Microsoft.

Hmm, never thought of that... But seriously, I can remember only one
time in the last 20 years that MS broke my computer with an update.
I've been pretty lucky with that sort of thing.
Old October 16th 15, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/15/2015 11:40 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

that's how windows 10 works.

it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released.

According to you, everyone who doesn't like Win10 is stupid, regardless
of their reason. .

i never said that. more of your lies.

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 15, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/16/2015 7:43 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , David Taylor
wrote:

Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

Or from Adobe!

no.

More inside knowledge?

Quite often, though, things which don't work on the first or second
attempt may work after a day or two. Pleased it's fixed.

sometimes.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 15, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/16/2015 7:43 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

which would have made it microsoft's bug, contrary to the other person
who blindly blames adobe for everything.

Says the know it all, while forgetting that a lot of Apple users had a
similar issue.

--
PeterN
Old October 16th 15, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

that's how windows 10 works.

it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released.

According to you, everyone who doesn't like Win10 is stupid, regardless
of their reason. .

i never said that. more of your lies.

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.
" it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released."

you're stupider than i thought, which already was rather stupid.

first of all, there isn't going to be a windows 19. if you want to be
taken seriously, you should proofread your posts to catch typos.

second, the discussion is about automatic updates in win 10, which
affects only to those who already have it installed. threshold fixes a
****load of bugs and deferring it would be stupid. many people consider
it to be the real windows 10 initial release.

nowhere did i say anything about liking or disliking it.
Old October 16th 15, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

Or from Adobe!

no.

More inside knowledge?

nope. it's public knowledge.
Old October 16th 15, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Loaded a new update for LR within the last two days. It worked OK.

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning. Now LR loads the splash screen and (in the present case)
the PRINT page, and there it sticks. Hopefully, loud screams from
someone will get the problem sorted out.

Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

which would have made it microsoft's bug, contrary to the other person
who blindly blames adobe for everything.

Says the know it all, while forgetting that a lot of Apple users had a
similar issue.

nope. what eric described is not at all what affected mac users (or
other windows users for that matter).
Old October 16th 15, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:28:49 +0100, David Taylor
wrote:

On 16/10/2015 08:09, Eric Stevens wrote:
[]
Suddenly now, without any announcement, Light Room works.

I have no explanation other than another surreptitious upgrade from
Microsoft (yes, they do do these things).

Or from Adobe!

Quite often, though, things which don't work on the first or second
attempt may work after a day or two. Pleased it's fixed.

Adobe updates always seem to have arrived via CC so that I know about
them.

There are things which happen overnight which involve the use of a
black screen and a reboot. I have only encountered these since
installing Windows 10 am of the opinion it is Microsoft installing
micro-updates. If they don't require a reboot I probably would never
know of them.

Eric Stevens
Old October 16th 15, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 10/16/2015 4:15 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

A massive update of Windows 10/64 forced itself on to me first thing
this morning.

No it didn't. You had to have had some sort of auto-update enabled.

that's how windows 10 works.

it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released.

According to you, everyone who doesn't like Win10 is stupid, regardless
of their reason. .

i never said that. more of your lies.

read your own statement: pray tell us what yo were talking about, if not
windows 19.
" it's possible to defer it but that would be stupid, especially now, on
the verge of threshold being released."

you're stupider than i thought, which already was rather stupid.

Your opinion is of little consequence to me, Especially when you misuse
words.

first of all, there isn't going to be a windows 19. if you want to be
taken seriously, you should proofread your posts to catch typos.

You, of all people accusing me of playing with words.

Read your own posting.