Looking for a digital camera with wide angle lens (equivalent of 28mm on a film camera)...

Old August 9th 04, 02:38 AM
Doghouse Riley

Default Looking for a digital camera with wide angle lens (equivalent of 28mm on a film camera)...

.... for shooting interiors (for real estate webpage)

I know this can be done with a digital SLR, but would prefer not having to go to
that expense. Are there any other options??
Old August 9th 04, 02:43 AM
Udie Lafing

In article ,
Doghouse Riley wrote:

... for shooting interiors (for real estate webpage)

I know this can be done with a digital SLR, but would prefer not having to go
that expense. Are there any other options??

You could actually hire a photographer :-) to do the work
instead of asking them to give you the answers(cheap skate) ;-)

Old August 9th 04, 02:50 AM
Bob

On 8 Aug 2004 20:38:15 -0500, Doghouse Riley wrote:

... for shooting interiors (for real estate webpage)

I know this can be done with a digital SLR, but would prefer not having to go to
that expense. Are there any other options??

I had a cheapy little Olympus that was wide angle - it had a x3 zoom where the
max zoom appeared to be 50mm!

That's the problem with little digitals - they say zoom but never where... could
be wide, could be tele...

You should go to a big store and try as many as you can - look for yourself and
take the one with the widest picture.

Or maybe ask at that Digital Camera Review place...

http://www.dpreview.com/

Old August 9th 04, 02:55 AM
Frank ess

Doghouse Riley wrote:
... for shooting interiors (for real estate webpage)

I know this can be done with a digital SLR, but would prefer not
having to go to that expense. Are there any other options??

5MP Nikon Coolpix 5000; add the wide convertor and it goes to 19mm
equivalent.

Frank ess

Old August 9th 04, 04:02 AM
Julian Tan

Hi,

There's some offerings by Ricoh - the RX and GX.

You can find reviews on my site - http://www.shuttertalk.com
Cheers,
Julian

Old August 9th 04, 05:33 AM
zeitgeist

I have a Canon G2 which is about 28mm on the wide end. But my experience
with interiors is that you need WIDE, as in as wide as you can get without
fisheye effects. You can get many P&S types that will let you put an
adapter that you take a quality hit, plus the cost you might as well invest
in a dslr.