economy in developing paper

Old October 13th 04, 04:43 PM
Donald Qualls

Lloyd Erlick-Usenet wrote:

Glycin is hard to get. Don't be discouraged if you get
stale Glycin (off-color, gray or brown powder. It
should be white or *light* gray.) Just make sure in
advance that your supplier will take it back and refund
your money if the Glycin is not fresh or is actually
not Glycin (another potential problem!)

Also worthy of note, there are two unrelated chemicals labeled as
glycin. One is a highly solvent developing agent; the other is a food
additive, and completely useless in the darkroom. Be sure you're
getting the one sold for photography...

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Old October 13th 04, 06:08 PM
Dickless Cheney

Where does one find this chemical, as well as other photo chemicals? I only
remember seeing one place on the interenet, and after shipping, etc, it was
not worth the bother. Are there any local places in southern California?

thanks....

Old October 13th 04, 06:23 PM
Nick Zentena

Dickless Cheney wrote:
Where does one find this chemical, as well as other photo chemicals? I only
remember seeing one place on the interenet, and after shipping, etc, it was
not worth the bother. Are there any local places in southern California?

Kodak used to package it into 1lb cans. At least I think I remember that-)
On Ebay a seller named Surebet2 often has a deal on 1lb of metol and one of
hydroquine but you'll have to add in shipping. He also sells off Ebay.

http://www.colba.net/~fotochem/

Nick

Old October 13th 04, 06:32 PM
stefano bramato

Ah, però! Nick Zentena ha scritto due cosette forse interessanti...

Many of the expensive things you only need a little of. 500 grams of
Metol will make over 60 litres of stock D-23. That's a fair bit of film. So
you might want to consider mail order. Or if you know somebody flying over
ask them to stick a package in the luggage-)

Nick

I've tryed also a typographic developing solution for typographic laser
sheets... seems to be an high contrast high speed developer but is not
esasy to find in affordable price
wow...
i'm developing with everything...
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old October 14th 04, 06:25 AM
John

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:42:56 GMT, stefano bramato
wrote:

next time is to find the making for massive fixing baths...

Easy.

Agfa 300
Water @ 125F 750ml
Sod. Thiosulfate 200g
Pot. Metabisulfite 40g
Water to make 1.0L

Kodak's F-5 Fixer
Water @ 125F 750ml
Sod. Thiosulfate 240g
Sod. Sulfite 15g
Acetic Acid (28%) 48 ml
Boric Acid (crystal) 7.5g
Pot. Alum 15g
Water to make 1.0L

Kodak's F-6 Fixer
Water @ 125F 750ml
Sod. Thiosulfate 240
Sod.Sulfite 15g
Acetic Acid (28%) 48ml
Kodalk 15g
Pot. Alum 15g
Water to make 1.0L

Kodak's F-7 Rapid Fixer
Sod. Thiosulfate 360g
Amm. Chloride 50g
Sod.Sulfite 15g
Acetic Acid (28%) 48ml
Boric Acid 7.5g
Pot. Alum 15g
Water to make 1.0L

Kodak's F-8 Rapid Fixer
Water @ 125F 750ml
Sod. Thiosulfate 360g
Amm. Chloride 50g
Water to make 1.0L

Kodak's F-24 Fixer
Water @ 125F 750ml
Sod. Thiosulfate 240g
Sod.Sulfite 10g
Sod. Bisulfite 25g
Water to make 1.0L

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old October 14th 04, 06:29 AM
John

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:24:03 -0500, Nick Zentena
wrote:

Many of the expensive things you only need a little of. 500 grams of
Metol will make over 60 litres of stock D-23.

And if you use only 5 grams of Elon and add 1 gram of Borax
you will get 100 liters of stock ;)

And then there is D76H

Kodak's D-76 H
Water @ 125F 750ml