Congrats to William Graham!

Old August 11th 07, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default Congrats to William Graham!

Thanks largely to my Gary Fong thread, William has now become this
newgroup's All-Time Leader in number of posts! Over 9300 and
counting, 13 of which were actually about photography and not religion
or Iraq. The experts are stumped trying to explain his formidable
numbers this late in his career, but some skeptics suggest his
increase in output could be be aided by performance-enhancing drugs
like caffeine or maybe a few six-packs of "Red Bull" or "Jolt" late at
night.

All Hail the new King!

Old August 11th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 11, 1:04 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Thanks largely to my Gary Fong thread, William has now become this
newgroup's All-Time Leader in number of posts! Over 9300 and
counting, 13 of which were actually about photography and not religion
or Iraq. The experts are stumped trying to explain his formidable
numbers this late in his career, but some skeptics suggest his
increase in output could be be aided by performance-enhancing drugs
like caffeine or maybe a few six-packs of "Red Bull" or "Jolt" late at
night.

All Hail the new King!

Do not be fooled folks by "Wild" Bill. I got it straight from the
silver fox myself, through replies on the newsgroup, that the elusive
William Graham does not need such stimulants to stay feisty.
Apparantly he has been keeping in shape over the past 50+ years
climbing out of women's bedroom windows!

During his heydays
http://images.jupiterimages.com/comm...7/23393777.jpg

Recently caught in the act:
http://washcycle.typepad.com/home/im...zy_old_man.jpg

Here he is again in disguise
http://www.shweir.com/Images%201/M_Legs_out_window.JPG

CONGRATS BILL!!
I don't agree with your religious stand, but I agree to disagree with
you.
You're one of the good ones here!
Helen

Old August 11th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks largely to my Gary Fong thread, William has now become this
newgroup's All-Time Leader in number of posts! Over 9300 and
counting, 13 of which were actually about photography and not religion
or Iraq. The experts are stumped trying to explain his formidable
numbers this late in his career, but some skeptics suggest his
increase in output could be be aided by performance-enhancing drugs
like caffeine or maybe a few six-packs of "Red Bull" or "Jolt" late at
night.

All Hail the new King!

There's got to be something wrong with your numbers.....Not that I couldn't
have 9300 posts. (that's a reasonable number) but I've certainly got more
than thirteen posts about photography....Perhaps you meant 1300 about
photography?

Old August 11th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Not too bad a likeness of me 40 years ago.....But the only time I had to
bail out of a window, I was in my undershorts only, and there was snow on
the ground.....I had to get dressed in the snow.....
Recently caught in the act:
http://washcycle.typepad.com/home/im...zy_old_man.jpg

This one looks somewhat like I look right now......

Old August 11th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 11, 5:44 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

All Hail the new King!

There's got to be something wrong with your numbers.....Not that I couldn't
have 9300 posts. (that's a reasonable number) but I've certainly got more
than thirteen posts about photography....Perhaps you meant 1300 about
photography?

Let's see, you posted a couple of times about your Minolta scanner and
I remember a few posts showing some of your old war photos.
Yep, 13 sounds about right.

Old August 11th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 11, 5:44 pm, "William Graham" wrote:

All Hail the new King!

There's got to be something wrong with your numbers.....Not that I
couldn't
have 9300 posts. (that's a reasonable number) but I've certainly got more
than thirteen posts about photography....Perhaps you meant 1300 about
photography?

Let's see, you posted a couple of times about your Minolta scanner and
I remember a few posts showing some of your old war photos.
Yep, 13 sounds about right.

Nope.....I keep a copy of every post I make in my "sent" file......I have
thousands about photography, and thousands about trumpet playing/music, too.
I back up my sent file onto CD's every now and then, so I've got access to
them all......I could send you a copy, but I'm afraid I'd bore you to
death.....

Old August 12th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Hart

[...]

I know I'm going to regret this, but why would you keep "every" post you've
ever sent? And why would you archive them to CD? And how often do you find
need to access the sent posts on those CD's?

Old August 12th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Ken Hart" wrote in message ...

[...]

Easy to answer this one.....I consider writing an art, just like
photography.....My posts are sacrosanct in that they represent my own
personal application of the art of writing English.....Some of them (if I do
say so myself) are classic! I definitely want my children and grandchildren
to have them to read someday....If I just deleted my "sent" files, then they
would be lost forever.
Perhaps no one will ever read them, but like anyone who creates works of
art, be they photographs, or painted canvasses, I want to keep them in my
attic, so I can dream that someday, someone, will take pleasure in reading
them.

Old August 12th 07, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 11, 7:28 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
Perhaps no one will ever read them, but like anyone who creates works of
art, be they photographs, or painted canvasses, I want to keep them in my
attic, so I can dream that someday, someone, will take pleasure in reading
them

I can dig it. When I posted on the AOL boards years ago I often
wished that those posts were archived. One day AOL decided to delete
all their old message boards and that was that. Google has a nice
archive of posts, but there is no guarantee they may be all gone
tomorrow, as well.
So it makes sense to save some of your favs or some posts with info
that you may have to refer to in the future (like your bogus Saddam
Hussein claims, for example).

I've never felt the need to save all my posts (over 31,000 of them),
but sometimes I get real bored and I'll go back 8-9 years and read
some of my old stuff in the golf newsgroup. I was funny as **** back
then.

Here's a link to a post I did manage to save from the old AOL boards.
It was written in 1997, just days before Tiger Woods won his first
Masters.
It's a long post, but might interest some of you golf fans:

===============
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.s...+masters+diary

or

http://tinyurl.com/2qadb8

Old August 12th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Aug 12, 9:54 am, Annika1980 wrote:
[...]

===============http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.golf/msg/d136d71dbe84b182?&q...

or

http://tinyurl.com/2qadb8

If you don't archive this post, you will have me to deal with! What
an absolute thrill you had that day! Your knowledge of the players,
and what's more impressive is their knowledge of you, is what kept me
reading your post.
A couple of years ago, I met James Woods, the actor, in downtown
Toronto. We talked for at least half an hour. I walked away on cloud
9. This pales in comparison to your day. Congrats!
Helen