FS: Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX Diagonal Fisheye lens for Nikon

Old August 25th 05, 02:44 AM
greg

Default FS: Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX Diagonal Fisheye lens for Nikon

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MESE:IT

A mint-condition Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX AF/MF Diagonal Fisheye lens for a new
or experienced Nikon photographer!

I love this lens, but I am changing equipment and no longer have a use for
it. The lens itself is in virtually mint condition with not a single scuff
or scratch that I can see, and it works as perfectly as the day I bought it.
The glass is pristine.

There are minor, difficult-to-see scuffs on the face of the lens cap (you
have to put the lens cap in the right light angle to see them). The lens has
been treated very well over the 4 years or so I have had it. The carrying
case is unused and in mint condition (I used a different case for storage
and transport).

This modern, still-manufactured lens should work with all Nikon SLRs that
accept D-type lenses. I have used it with a Nikon FM, F60/N60, and the D70
digital SLR. On film cameras, this lens fills the entire 35mm negative with
a full 180 degree diagonal field of view. The minimum shooting distance of
this lens is only 15cm (5.9 inch) and it has maximum magnification of 1:3.8.
Minimum shooting distance of 15cm (5.9in.) and large depth of field allow
close up photography that covers the objects surrounding the photographic
subject like an insect or flower.

On digital SLRs due to the smaller image sensor size, the lens uses only the
center part of the frame, and therefore peripheral distortion will be small
and you can shoot as a normal ultra-wide-angle lens.

It works in both auto focus (for those cameras that support auto focus) and
manual focus modes. If you are in doubt as to whether this lens will work
with your camera, fire me a message and I'll find out.

The lens is constructed with 7 elements in 6 groups, with 7 diaphragm
blades. The optical material used in this lens are lead-free and
arsenic-free ecological glass. More technical details are available on the
Sigma Photo website.

Package contents:

Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX Diagonal Fisheye lens
Original front cap and circular hood
Original rear lens cap
Original lens carrying case

Winning bidder pays for shipping.