Nikon CoolPix S5- .mov transfer back to camera

Old May 26th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Nikon CoolPix S5- .mov transfer back to camera

Is there some way I can send an .mov back to the camera and play it?
I have only been able to do this with .jpg's successfully.

Pretty good camera, with the exception of what looks like a dust
particle, probably stuck inside the lens compartment or perhaps it's
something on the CCD.

2 GB SD Card will give you about 20 minutes of video.

Old May 26th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Mr. Squiggles wrote:
Is there some way I can send an .mov back to the camera and play it?
I have only been able to do this with .jpg's successfully.

Pretty good camera, with the exception of what looks like a dust
particle, probably stuck inside the lens compartment or perhaps it's
something on the CCD.

2 GB SD Card will give you about 20 minutes of video.

Can you copy it using a card reader connected to your PC.?

Old May 26th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I have a USB cable connected to the camera and have made .mov's and
transferred them to the computer, deleting the original from an SD Card
where they were stored.

I can transfter an .mov to the camera and it will be stored there, but
cannot be played. I'm wondering what piece of information can be
inputed to instruct the camera of the file's presence and location.

There are some files in some directories, but I don't know how they
function or if they can be changed to suit what I want to do.

Old May 26th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I have not used a card reader to connect to this camera. The camera is
docked onto a unit with a USB cable.

Old May 26th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 26 May 2006 09:33:30 -0700, Mr. Squiggles wrote:

I can transfter an .mov to the camera and it will be stored there, but
cannot be played. I'm wondering what piece of information can be
inputed to instruct the camera of the file's presence and location.

There are some files in some directories, but I don't know how they
function or if they can be changed to suit what I want to do.

If those files provide more function than simply keeping track of
file names and locations, you might be able to get the camera to
play one of your old .mov files by trying this:

Create a new, very short video file.

With the SD card in a reader, delete the short video file and
copy, to the same folder, one of your old video/.mov files.

Rename this file so that it has the same name as the deleted file.

Put the SD card back in the camera and see if it is recognized.

If not, it's unlikely that what's preventing the camera from
recognizing it is anything as simple as that the old file's
date/time is different than that of the new video file. But if it
is, you could use a file date/time utility program that can change a
file's date/time to that of another file (often named touch.exe) to
get the date/time to match.