spyder studio pro 2 is this what i need ?

Old November 10th 05, 12:08 AM
picture taker

Default spyder studio pro 2 is this what i need ?

hi, i have 2 laptops, 1 pc and 1 kodak dye sub printer .
i do on the spot prints (photoshop is the program i print ,edit from)
, class reunions etc , im usually pretty close on what i see on the
monitor is going to come out darker when it prints.

what type of studio program (spyder studio pro 2 ?)would you suggest
for my to be able to be right on taking out the guess work .

i also get alot of prints done at sams club , i burn the files to cd
and have them turn off the enhancer effect on there printer and im
close to what i see on my monitor but not always .

would the spyder 2 pro studio or other software /hardware programs
help me to be able to achive this goal ?.
thank you
guy

Old November 10th 05, 03:46 AM
bmoag

You probably just need to calibrate your monitors/laptop screens and learn
basic color management.
It is not just a matter of buying the gadget but understanding how to use
color spaces and printer/paper profiles.
Different printer manufacturers implement color management differently in
their drivers and you have to learn how to use those settings in conjunction
with Photoshop color management. I believe the choice of papers for use with
the Kodak dye sub printer is extremely limited which actually makes the
process easier, presuming Kodak provides reasonable canned paper profiles
with the printer driver.
It ain't rocket science but it has a learning curve.
If you want Sam's Club prints ya get what ya pay for.

Old November 10th 05, 08:32 AM
kctan

Color Vision Spyder 2 Pro Studio only help you to calibrate your monitor so
that you can see the genuine visual (color, density, contrast...etc) of your
image before you decide to do adjustment (analogous to calibrated lightbox
for slide viewing). When you print from PS, you got to "off" printer color
management from the printer software. In PS "Print with preview..." check
more options and select color management while in the print space window,
select your paper canned profile (the type of paper you are using), intent
to perceptual and check black point compensation. If everything done
correctly, print output will match monitor closely. But remember, the light
that use to view the print got to match the white point (color temperature
and I prefer 6500 to 7500 degreeK) of calibrated monitor. The way you
calibrate your monitor is crucial especially the ambient light (not print
viewing light). Read the instruction carefully and be understood. Hope could
help you in some ways.

ups.com...

Old November 10th 05, 10:37 AM
picture taker

hi , thank you both for the reply.
what is the best way to calibrate your monitor , that is different from
your basic resoloution settings ?.
guy