borax ant killer

Old April 2nd 04, 08:21 PM
Andrew Price

Default borax ant killer

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:47:52 -0500, wrote:

[---]

(and fleas, I
can state from personal experience!).

Didn't your cat used to hang out in your old basement darkroom, before
you moved?
Old April 3rd 04, 02:48 PM

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:23:27 -0500, Nick Zentena

---
No kidding!? The things you learn from the darkroom! Boric acid is
available at the pharmacy around here, but do you think those twenty
thousand mules can drag any borax north of the border?? I'm going to
have to start extracting it from ant killing peanut butter.

Eh? The local grocery store stocks it in the laundry section.

Nick

apr304 from Lloyd Erlick,

It doesn't seem to appear on the shelves in Canada. An American friend
of mine has sometimes remarked on it, on those rare occasions when we
have discussed doing the laundry! I can get it from my friendly local
chemical supplier, but actually have had very little use for it so
far.

regards,
--le

Old April 3rd 04, 02:50 PM

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:45:35 -0600, John
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 07:54:11 -0500, wrote:

No kidding!? The things you learn from the darkroom!

Yep. After spending one late summer printing session in my
Nike's, I developed a different kind of itch. the pharmacist recommend
soaking in Boric acid nightly

[the shoes or your feet??!!...]
--le

and after about a week, no more
problems.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer -
http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old April 3rd 04, 03:08 PM

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:45:35 GMT, friend®
wrote:

mix sugar with borax and leave close to the nest

apr304 from Lloyd Erlick,

That would certainly be the first choice. The cheapest commercial
product cost three dollars. I'm sure two cents worth of borax and
sugar would have done it. Maybe I paid all that extra for the Rolls
Royce version, with peanut butter!

Someone posted that borax tastes sweet; I suppose that explains why
they were also selling a 100 ml bottle of borax dissolved in water as
an ant killer.

So -- if one uses borax in the laundry -- is one less likely to get
bugs???

regards,
--le

Old April 3rd 04, 10:09 PM
Andrew Price

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:14:05 -0500, Nick Zentena
wrote:

It doesn't seem to appear on the shelves in Canada. An American friend
of mine has sometimes remarked on it, on those rare occasions when we
have discussed doing the laundry! I can get it from my friendly local
chemical supplier, but actually have had very little use for it so
far.

It's in this part of Toronto. It wouldn't suprise me if it's on the same
spot on the shelf of all Fortinos or Loblaws stores.

Pardon what may appear to be a silly question, but what is borax
actually used for in the laundry?
Old April 3rd 04, 11:24 PM
Nick Zentena

Andrew Price wrote:

Pardon what may appear to be a silly question, but what is borax
actually used for in the laundry?

Laundry?? Hell if I know-) It's in some darkroom formulas so I picked some
up.

Nick