digital camera with 28mm focal length?

Old December 6th 04, 03:36 AM
Mikhail Teterin

Default digital camera with 28mm focal length?

Hello!

I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent 35mm
focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
sufficient...

All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters. Can
someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
petite girl?

Thanks!

-mi
Old December 6th 04, 03:44 AM
Bill Crocker

Canon's new PowerShot G6.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...ode lid=10463

Bill Crocker

Old December 6th 04, 03:50 AM
Kevin McMurtrie

Mikhail Teterin wrote:

Hello!

I'm looking for a small digital camera, that would have the "equivalent 35mm
focal length" starting below 30mm. The zoom would nice, but 100mm is
sufficient...

All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters. Can
someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
petite girl?

Thanks!

-mi

Maybe the Oly C-5060WZ or C-8080WZ. The 35mm format zoom equivalent is
28 to 140 mm.
Old December 6th 04, 03:56 AM
Mikhail Teterin

Bill Crocker wrote:

Canon's new PowerShot G6.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...ode lid=10463

Bill Crocker

Thanks, but, according to CNet:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Canon_PowerS...3.html?tag=tab

the G6's "Equivalent 35mm focal length" is 35-140mm. Is their method of
estimate somehow wrong? Thanks!

-mi
Old December 6th 04, 04:07 AM
Mikhail Teterin

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

All cameras I can find have the range beginning at 36 or 38 millimeters.
Can someone recommend a good model, that would still fit in the hand of a
petite girl?

Maybe the Oly C-5060WZ or C-8080WZ. The 35mm format zoom equivalent is
28 to 140 mm.

Yes, indeed, these do have impressive lenses. But both are rather bulky
(15.2 ounces for C-5060WZ) and don't match the second requirement --
fitting in the hand of a petite girl... :-)

Don't we have anything else from the hundreds of brilliant engineers working
for all these electronic companies?

Thanks for the prompte response. Yours,

-mi
Old December 6th 04, 04:23 AM
Bill Crocker

Ok, how about Canon's PowerShot Pro1:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...d=9823&sa=true

Old December 6th 04, 04:29 AM
David Cawthon

Try the Canon Powershot S70. It has a 28-100mm zoom (35mm-equivalent) and is
slightly smaller than the earlier S series

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/con...ode lid=10460

DC

Old December 6th 04, 05:37 AM
Darrell Larose

Nikon 8400 eq: 24mm, Olympus C5060 eq: 27mm, Canon Pro1 eq: 28mm, all are
bulkier cameras. are three that pop to mind