KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

Old January 10th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default KINGFISHERS LOVE THE 40D!

They're small, they're fast, and they're flighty as hell, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

Old January 10th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Jan 9, 2:37*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
They're small, they're fast, and they're flighty as hell, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

Wonderful photo.

Rita, take note that the sticks in the background are not showing up
double, this is how a photo should look.

Great capture Bret.

Scott
Old January 10th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Jan 9, 7:47*pm, Scott W wrote:

Wonderful photo.

Rita, take note that the sticks in the background are not showing up
double, this is how a photo should *look.

Rita will claim the the Nikon must have twice the resolution of the
Canon.
Hence, the double sticks.

Old January 10th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
PixelPix

On Jan 10, 10:49*am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:47*pm, Scott W wrote:

Wonderful photo.

Rita, take note that the sticks in the background are not showing up
double, this is how a photo should *look.

Rita will claim the the Nikon must have twice the resolution of the
Canon.
Hence, the double sticks.

I think Rita enjoys being beaten with sticks! lol
Old January 10th 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_9_]

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
They're small, they're fast, and they're flighty as hell, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

That's a cracker of a shot! Love it. Good to see not much IQ
lost with the 1.4x too.

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm
Old January 10th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Jan 9, 7:37*pm, Annika1980 wrote:
They're small, they're fast, and they're flighty as hell, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

I couldn't agree more with Scott in that this is how a photo should
look.
Gorgeous color and detail of the bird's feathers. Superb
composition. Belted Kingfishers are extremely flighty, very fast and
easily frightened.
To die for capture.
And FWIW, there is no "trickery" done here, because I KNOW how
Kingfishers look.
Just pure talent, diligence and patience from a great wildlife
photographer.
Helen
Old January 10th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Bob AZ

, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

Annika

Should print nice. Will let you know.

Where does one find Kingfishers?

Bob AZ
Old January 10th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_9_]

* Bob AZ is quoted & my replies are inline below :
, but even
from the safety of across a pond the diminutive Kingfisher cannot
escape the 40D, the Forgotten 400 w/the 1.4x TC, and the window clamp
ballhead mounted on the new Altima.

Annika

Should print nice. Will let you know.

Where does one find Kingfishers?

On their thronefishers?

Sorry, that was terrible...

Chasing their mistressfishers?

Oh god, Troy. Stop now...

Old January 10th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood[_4_]

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:45:50 -0500, Rita Berkowitz wrote:

"Scott W" wrote in message

Wonderful photo.
Rita, take note that the sticks in the background are not showing up
double, this is how a photo should look. Great capture Bret.

LOL!

Sure, if it came straight out of the camera that way. We all know that
it didn't. The kingfisher is so over Photoshoped that it lacks any
detail and is lucky to have 16-colors. I'll stick with top notch images
straight out of the camera and let the trickery up to the people that
can't take a decent picture and need to draw them in Photoshop.

Rita

Sorry Rita, Your voice is muffled, could you open up the gap in your hat
a little please.

--
Neil
reverse ra and delete l
Old January 10th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Walter Banks

One finds Kingfishers flying away at a great rate of knots.
There was a pair last summer nesting about 300 yards
from my house. I have exactly one picture of a dot
sitting on a wire.

w..