BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

Old December 12th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default BEAMING ABOUT THE 40D!

Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.
http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.
Old December 12th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Troy Piggins[_8_]

* Annika1980 is quoted & my replies are inline below :
Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.
http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

Exif - Canon EOS D60

Is that your IR converted camera? I thought trees look whiter
with IR?

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

LOL. Timing!

--
Troy Piggins
Please feel free to provide constructive criticism on any photos I post. I'm
Old December 12th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772
Congrats! On this magnificent work. I won't bore everyone with my
poor technical critiquing skills but I will say it's very spiritual
and comforting. I envision it as God calling all angels to come home
now, as their work is done. Personally, it's very appropriate.
Helen
Old December 12th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Bob AZ

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Annika

Very nice. It should print well

Bob AZ

Old December 12th 07, 09:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Bob Williams

Annika1980 wrote:
Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.
http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Timing is everything :-)
Bob Williams
Old December 12th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Sosumi

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.
http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Is he trying to tell you what he thinks of the 40D ? LOL!

--
Sosumi

Old December 12th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Draco

On Dec 12, 5:18 am, Noons wrote:
On Dec 12, 12:14 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

absolutely. Just getting Sacred Kingfishers to stay
put with their heads is pot luck:http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...n/_DSC0263.JPG

unsharpened, uncropped. I might do something with these,
when I get some free time. AF70-210/4.5-5.6, handheld.

but my target is the azure kingfisher: only seen one and
it didn't even give me time to blink, let alone have a shot...

Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
right time is a must to
get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.

Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

Draco
Old December 12th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Draco

On Dec 11, 8:14 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
Sometimes when I'm out shooting with my new 40D
I feel the sun is only shining on me.http://www.pbase.com/image/90222772

For example, I have never been able to get a photo of a Kingfisher
until today.
The 40D was ready and waiting to capture the decisive moment.http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/90222567

Getting good bird pics is always a crapshoot.

Wonderful IR shot. But contrast seems a bit flat or is my moniter off
again? I can feel the warmth of the ray of sun light beaming down.
Very well done.

ROFLMAO Great shot! I would like to print it out and put it on my
bosses desk when I quit.hehe To bad there were so many twigs in the
way of the rest of the bird.

Keep at it.

Draco
Old December 13th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Noons

On Dec 13, 12:59 am, Draco wrote:

Nice capture of a difficult avian. Being at the right place at the
right time is a must to
get those shots. And doing it hand held as well. Good shooting.

Keep at it Noons. Would like to see more.

I WANT THE AZURE KINGFISHER, DAMMIT!
:-)