Politically biased lighting?

Old April 17th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Default Politically biased lighting?

Cynicor wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote:
wrote:

British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the London
Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections, the
lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/pic...,289298,00.jpg

Pity it wasn't harsh enough to show his true colours

It's a bit like the Enoch Powell cover of Private Eye. "And I tell you
some of them have them this long!"

heh heh
--
Paul (Take my hand, I'm standing right here)
Stop and Look
Old April 17th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

wrote:

British National Party leader Nick Griffin, as portrayed in the London
Times April 17, 2006, two weeks before the local elections, the
lighting equivalent of shining a torch under the chin.

I found a less biased shot, one that shows him in a kinder and more
realistic setting

http://groups.msn.com/OtherSides/mov...to&PhotoID=782

Old April 17th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Paul Heslop wrote:

It's a bit like the Enoch Powell cover of Private Eye. "And I tell you
some of them have them this long!"

I think that's just Ian Hislop giving himself away slightly.

Old April 17th 06, 09:22 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Old April 18th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

I found a less biased shot, one that shows him in a kinder and more
realistic setting

It would be rather nice to see Griffin sue you for libel.

According the BBC, the major parties are starting to get rattled by the
surge in popular support for the BNP - who took 17% of the general election
vote, in some cases.

The British working class are, of course, not supposed to think for
themselves, nor are they allowed to support a party that represents their
interests. However, it is precisely the sort of smear campaign exemplified
by your photo, and by the politically motivated prosecution of BNP members,
that is making the BNP attractive to people tired of being treated like
acquiescent cattle by the media and mainstream political parties.

Old April 18th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Pentax Fan wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

I found a less biased shot, one that shows him in a kinder and more
realistic setting

It would be rather nice to see Griffin sue you for libel.

According the BBC, the major parties are starting to get rattled by the
surge in popular support for the BNP - who took 17% of the general election
vote, in some cases.

The British working class are, of course, not supposed to think for
themselves, nor are they allowed to support a party that represents their
interests. However, it is precisely the sort of smear campaign exemplified
by your photo, and by the politically motivated prosecution of BNP members,
that is making the BNP attractive to people tired of being treated like
acquiescent cattle by the media and mainstream political parties.

Right. So the BNP doesn't have links to the National Alliance, the
French National Front, or the NPD in Germany. And Nick Griffin didn't
say a couple of years ago "My politics have not changed. I still believe
in fighting for this" while pointing at his white skin.

Old April 18th 06, 01:56 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Pentax Fan wrote:

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

I found a less biased shot, one that shows him in a kinder and more
realistic setting

It would be rather nice to see Griffin sue you for libel.

Oh dear, I'm shaking. Even if he were that stupid, would that make him
any better than the 'politically motivated prosecution of BNP members"
you spout about later? Yes, I can see it, "Right Wing party tries to
stop bloke on the street from having a view"

According the BBC, the major parties are starting to get rattled by the
surge in popular support for the BNP - who took 17% of the general election
vote, in some cases.

I've heard this, and what does it prove? That the main parties are
crap? You won't get an argument from me there.

The British working class are, of course, not supposed to think for
themselves, nor are they allowed to support a party that represents their
interests. However, it is precisely the sort of smear campaign exemplified
by your photo, and by the politically motivated prosecution of BNP members,
that is making the BNP attractive to people tired of being treated like
acquiescent cattle by the media and mainstream political parties.

********. People are being spoon-fed all sorts of crap by the press,
only for it to backfire in a big way because the kind of ******** they
spout is on a par with the right wing extremists. People are now
confused and can only see extremes, and there we have Nick and co.

Rest assured that, come the time, most people will just carry on
voting for the Tories, or New Labour as they are now known.

Old April 18th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

Cynicor wrote:

Right. So the BNP doesn't have links to the National Alliance, the
French National Front, or the NPD in Germany. And Nick Griffin didn't
say a couple of years ago "My politics have not changed. I still believe
in fighting for this" while pointing at his white skin.

From Wikipedia

"In accordance with its stated goal to establish a racially and
culturally homogenous Britain, the BNP advocates the use of "firm but
voluntary incentives" to remove non-white ethnic minorities from the
UK and also bars non-whites from becoming party members. The BNP
rejects that it is racist, claiming that it is merely standing up for
the white British working-class. The party believes that racism is a
part of human nature and describes its supporters as "realists", not
racists"

Just about says it all.
Old April 18th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.technique.people

"Mark M" wrote in message
news
"Cheesehead" wrote in message
oups.com...
Composition is big -- framing as well as lighting -- in order to convey
ideas about a person. Per the re-braodcast on PBS yesterday, when
Billy Graham first went to London the press was extremely hostile,

Why? Is the UK press really so clueless?

Graham used to be seen a lot here in the U.S. press, until he started
speaking against Reagan's arms buildup during the 1980's. For that
he was essentially banished from major press coverage. I have a lot
of respect for the man even though I don't share many of his religious
beliefs.

If there's one thing that cannot be pinned on Billy Graham it's the fact
that he is no huckster. He tuned his minostry over to a board that he
answers to and started an organization that monitors the finances of
ministries in order to ensure that there is nothing unethical going on. He
earns a salary from the ministry. He never earned one penny from the
millions of copies of his books that were and continue to be sold - he wrote
them as an employee of the ministry.