Dust on Sensor

Old September 29th 16, 09:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

Default Dust on Sensor

I had some dust on the sensor of the 1D2 that wouldn't go away with the
Rocketblower so I thought of getting some dust removal stuff like a
gelstick and an Artic Butterfly. I did find the latter a tad pricey but
found a generic replacement. A proper swipe with the brush a good whirl
did not remove the dust but after a few clunks with the shutter too then
it was gone and I did not need to break out the gelstick. That what I
got was this thingy and it's priced about a third of the "Artic". YMMV,
of course:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/?_nkw=MQ-MB100%20Sensor%20Cleaner

http://tinyurl.com/zd6pbmc
--
teleportation kills
Old September 29th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 9/29/2016 4:44 AM, android wrote:
I had some dust on the sensor of the 1D2 that wouldn't go away with the
Rocketblower so I thought of getting some dust removal stuff like a
gelstick and an Artic Butterfly. I did find the latter a tad pricey but
found a generic replacement. A proper swipe with the brush a good whirl
did not remove the dust but after a few clunks with the shutter too then
it was gone and I did not need to break out the gelstick. That what I
got was this thingy and it's priced about a third of the "Artic". YMMV,
of course:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/?_nkw=MQ-MB100%20Sensor%20Cleaner

http://tinyurl.com/zd6pbmc

A cheaper option would be a good quality nylon artist brush. Using a can
of compressed air, give the brush a blast and you've given it a static
charge to lift the dust off of the sensor.

Old September 29th 16, 02:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Davoud

PAS:
A cheaper option would be a good quality nylon artist brush. Using a can
of compressed air, give the brush a blast and you've given it a static
charge to lift the dust off of the sensor.

I go for simple and effective
http://www.amstat.com/products/ioniz...-static-brushe
s/. Not cheap, dangerous if you eat it, but the most effective tool I
have seen in the past 50 years or so.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old September 29th 16, 02:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article , PAS wrote:

On 9/29/2016 4:44 AM, android wrote:
I had some dust on the sensor of the 1D2 that wouldn't go away with the
Rocketblower so I thought of getting some dust removal stuff like a
gelstick and an Artic Butterfly. I did find the latter a tad pricey but
found a generic replacement. A proper swipe with the brush a good whirl
did not remove the dust but after a few clunks with the shutter too then
it was gone and I did not need to break out the gelstick. That what I
got was this thingy and it's priced about a third of the "Artic". YMMV,
of course:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/?_nkw=MQ-MB100%20Sensor%20Cleaner

http://tinyurl.com/zd6pbmc

A cheaper option would be a good quality nylon artist brush. Using a can
of compressed air, give the brush a blast and you've given it a static
charge to lift the dust off of the sensor.

Maybe, but you would not be less sure of purity, cleanness and
efficiency of the brush.
--
teleportation kills
Old September 29th 16, 02:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Davoud
wrote:

PAS:
A cheaper option would be a good quality nylon artist brush. Using a can
of compressed air, give the brush a blast and you've given it a static
charge to lift the dust off of the sensor.

I go for simple and effective
http://www.amstat.com/products/ioniz...-static-brushe
s/. Not cheap, dangerous if you eat it, but the most effective tool I
have seen in the past 50 years or so.

Thanks the solution that I tried worked well this time but it's good to
know that there are other suppliers available if it doesn't another time.
--
teleportation kills
Old September 29th 16, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 9/29/2016 9:23 AM, android wrote:
In article , PAS wrote:

[...]

100% nylon is what I use. Cleaning the brush is necessary and easy.
Soak the brush in a mild detergent and water solution overnight. Soak
it again in water for another night and then allow to air dry. After it
dries, swipe the brush over a clean clear lens filter. If you see a
film left behind, the brush needs to be cleaned again and hen you repeat
the cleaning process until you see no film left on the lens filter. The
brush I use is 100% nylon and cost me $7.50 US. It was clean after the
first cleaning attempt and I've been using it for years.