For those who think MS/UC is reforming

Old October 18th 04, 09:17 PM
John

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:55:37 +0200, "Jim Phelps"
wrote:

Scotch-Irish to be concise.

http://media.wiley.com/product_data/...0471273929.pdf

Migrated to America just prior to the Revolutionary War.

So, does that make JD Scotch Whisky or Irish Whisky? ;~))

Scotch-Irish Tennessee Whiskey of course !

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Please remove the "_" when replying via email

Old October 18th 04, 09:49 PM
Peter De Smidt

John wrote:

Scotch-Irish Tennessee Whiskey of course !

Hey John,

"Scotch" does not mean the people who live in Scotland. The correct term
would be "Scot". So the phrase should be Scot-Irish Tennessee Wiskey.

Peter,
Who spent a year living in Scotland.

Old October 19th 04, 01:22 AM
Donald Qualls

John wrote:

You might be interested in Samuel Adams Millennium Ale.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer...sp?BeerID=1479

But at $200 a bottle, it's a little out of my budget.

I very well might -- I appreciate a very, very good beer, and very much
like the barley wine style that this appears to exemplify -- but not at
that price. And unfortunately, since becoming diabetic, I get very few
opportunities to drink the really good stuff in beers because they have
almost as much carbohydrate as soda (i.e. I can have such a beer with a
meal -- if the meal is salad and one slice of toast).

Whisky, OTOH, doesn't raise blood sugar like beer does; in fact, it can
lower it. Which means, within the limits of responsible and healthful
drinking, I can have as much Scotch as I can afford...

--
The challenge to the photographer is to command the medium, to use
whatever current equipment and technology furthers his creative

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Old October 19th 04, 04:10 AM
John

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:49:06 -0500, Peter De Smidt wrote:

So the phrase should be Scot-Irish Tennessee Wiskey.

I've often wondered about that. I just assumed that someone from the UK or
the isles would correct me.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Vote "No! for the status quo. Vote 3rd party !!

Old October 20th 04, 07:41 PM
tracex303

All confusing...

Scottish people tend to change any term when they see 'Scotch' as it
is not used to describe themselves anymore but most are unaware of
what 'Scotch-Irish' means anyhow. The term used there is
'Ulster-Scots'.

Scot-Irish could imply a mixture of a Scottish and Irish person and
not to a certin group of people from the Ulster area that later
settled in North America across the 18th century - the Scotch-Irish.
Jasper Newton "Jack" Daniel was apparently from Scotch-Irish descent.