Global brightening

Old May 12th 05, 02:14 PM
Matt Silberstein

On Thu, 12 May 2005 01:12:58 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "William
Graham" in
wrote:

[snip]

What I am distressed about is how San Francisco has been ruined by the
liberals over the years...

How, specifically, did *liberals* ruin the city?

.It was once my favorite city, and today it is a
soulless, plastic-land,

How, specifically, did liberals make it soulless or plastic? For
example, did the liberal force minorities from the Western Addition or
the Mission?

but you are welcome to spend the rest of your life
there. I am sure it is the perfect city for you..........

Oh, I am so hurt, a clever attack on my manhood. Sorry, but comments
like that lost their sting in America some time ago. If you want a
culture where accusations of homosexuality have an impact try Saudi
Arabia.

--
Matt Silberstein

Old May 12th 05, 02:17 PM
Matt Silberstein

On Thu, 12 May 2005 01:21:26 -0700, in rec.photo.digital , "William
Graham" in
wrote:

"Matt Silberstein" wrote in
message

We left behind weapons caches. Those weapons are used against our
troops. We ignored the museums, that left us looking very bad (a bad
things in a war for the hearts and minds). We ignored the hospitals,
again a bad thing in a war for the hearts and minds. We did everything
we could to tell the Iraqi people that we just cared about their oil.

That must be why they hate us and all want us to leave....Wait! They don't
want us to leave.....

There are quite a few people there who do want us to leave. Some of
them are willing to lose their lives to move us out.

Maybe they were happy with their $2500 annual income and 58 year life
expectancy..........

Do you think that perhaps they would like their oil reserves developed
so they could be a little better off?

Why don't you go over there and tell them how much better off they were
under Saddam Hussein?

Why don't you show where I suggested any such thing.

Tell them how much they should prefer their museums to water purification
plants,

We have not done much with the water purification plants. There is
less clean water in Iraq now than under Saddam. We have given
Halliburton billions, but they don't seem to have fixed these
problems.

and how much better their hospitals were under Saddam than they will
be under the new regime........

I knew this would degenerate into a political argument.....I think I will
just end this stupidity here, and take it up again in 2008, when there will
be some real purpose to it. I am sick of arguing with stupid liberals. -
By, by.....

You bring up political issues, make silly remarks, and then blame the
liberals. I feel sorry for you.

--
Matt Silberstein

Old May 12th 05, 04:16 PM
Ron Hunter

wrote:

"Matt Silberstein" wrote in
message

We left behind weapons caches. Those weapons are used against our

troops. We ignored the museums, that left us looking very bad (a bad
things in a war for the hearts and minds). We ignored the hospitals,
again a bad thing in a war for the hearts and minds. We did everything
we could to tell the Iraqi people that we just cared about their oil.

That must be why they hate us and all want us to leave....Wait! They don't
want us to leave.....

There are quite a few people there who do want us to leave. Some of
them are willing to lose their lives to move us out.

They do NOT want us to leave, they want an excuse to cause problems, and
if we leave, they will have no justification for their attacks. Their
attacks only assure we will be there LONGER.

Old May 12th 05, 04:45 PM
Ron Hunter

wrote:

[snip]

What I am distressed about is how San Francisco has been ruined by the
liberals over the years...

How, specifically, did *liberals* ruin the city?

.It was once my favorite city, and today it is a
soulless, plastic-land,

How, specifically, did liberals make it soulless or plastic? For
example, did the liberal force minorities from the Western Addition or
the Mission?

but you are welcome to spend the rest of your life
there. I am sure it is the perfect city for you..........

Oh, I am so hurt, a clever attack on my manhood. Sorry, but comments
like that lost their sting in America some time ago. If you want a
culture where accusations of homosexuality have an impact try Saudi
Arabia.

Matt,
That you take the statement that way tells volumes about you. Thanks
for the insight.

--
Ron Hunter
Old May 12th 05, 07:07 PM
Jeremy Nixon

William Graham wrote:

What I am distressed about is how San Francisco has been ruined by the
liberals over the years....

What is truly sad is how hell-bent you are on making everything about
"liberals vs. conservatives". You should try moving away from your
talk-show logic and secondhand opinions and actually think for yourself
sometime.

--
Jeremy |
Old May 12th 05, 08:27 PM
Matt Silberstein

wrote:

"Matt Silberstein" wrote in
message

We left behind weapons caches. Those weapons are used against our

troops. We ignored the museums, that left us looking very bad (a bad
things in a war for the hearts and minds). We ignored the hospitals,
again a bad thing in a war for the hearts and minds. We did everything
we could to tell the Iraqi people that we just cared about their oil.

That must be why they hate us and all want us to leave....Wait! They don't
want us to leave.....

There are quite a few people there who do want us to leave. Some of
them are willing to lose their lives to move us out.

They do NOT want us to leave, they want an excuse to cause problems, and
if we leave, they will have no justification for their attacks. Their
attacks only assure we will be there LONGER.

Which implies that (many/most?) of those who don't attack us want us
gone. Which would not surprise me. I suspect that the Shiites would
like this current mess over with and us gone so they can deal with the
Sunnis the way they want. Then they would get the Islamic government
they want.

[snip]

--
Matt Silberstein

Old May 13th 05, 12:07 AM
William Graham

wrote:

[...]

Yes....I was addressing his liberalism. I could care less about anyone's
sexual orientation....(except my wife's, of course)

Old May 13th 05, 12:12 AM
William Graham

"Jeremy Nixon" wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

What I am distressed about is how San Francisco has been ruined by the
liberals over the years....

What is truly sad is how hell-bent you are on making everything about
"liberals vs. conservatives". You should try moving away from your
talk-show logic and secondhand opinions and actually think for yourself
sometime

Point noted.....But it is certainly true that San Francisco has had one of
the most liberal city governments in the nation for the last thirty or forty
years, so it is perfectly natural to blame its problems on them. Especially
since I have spend a lot of time writing letters to them and observing the
way they think....(not too well, unfortunately....)

Old May 13th 05, 01:44 AM
Ron Hunter

William Graham wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Well, and yours, of course. Grin.

--
Ron Hunter
Old May 13th 05, 01:44 AM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 02:54:13 GMT, Matt Silberstein
wrote:

We left behind weapons caches. Those weapons are used against our
troops. We ignored the museums, that left us looking very bad (a bad
things in a war for the hearts and minds). We ignored the hospitals,
again a bad thing in a war for the hearts and minds. We did everything
we could to tell the Iraqi people that we just cared about their oil.

Not to mention that nearly all of the above can be resupplied,
except that a looted museum will not likely ever be reasonably
resored.