kodak supra

Old January 5th 04, 07:27 AM
Gordon Moat

Default kodak supra

Rob wrote:

In message - Kevin
Sun, 04 Jan 2004 19:53:13 -0500 writes:
:
:On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 04:04:16 GMT, "L. Jou"
:wrote:
:I know kodak recomment portra 160vc, 400uc to replace supra 200, 400, but I do
:prefer some cheaper films for casual use. Is supra what I'm looking for?
:
:
:Supra is a great film. I like the look of it, and the way it performs
:in every situation. I have just run out of 100 and only have 20 or so
:rolls of 200. I always have a camera loaded with 400, from my regular
:bodies (spotmatic sp, nikon fm3a, or f4e) or my wifes point and shoot.
:
:I personally go with porta 800 when I can not get a roll of supra 400.
:I do not like 400vc a little grainy, and 400UC has a much higher
:saturation than 400 Supra, but low grain. However, when I shoot
:family kids parties I love using 400UC.
:
:Buy a pro pack and give it a try. film is a highly selective item
:that I believe one can decide for themself.

Hi

I tried Porta 400 UC when my local dealer ran out of Supra and I didn't really
care for it. I've been ordering "Royal Supra" from B&H Photo (in New York -
USA). Royal Supra is the replacement for Supra that's manufactured in the US
but not sold in North America (figure that one out).

Rob

You might want to give Fuji NPH a try. This is less saturated than Kodak 400UC, but
still a vibrant colour palette.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio