Wedding Pictures --- Dont Entrust Them To Uncle Fred

Old January 16th 08, 11:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
88059355

Default Wedding Pictures --- Dont Entrust Them To Uncle Fred

A friend of mine asked me for advice on how he could take the pictures
at a relatives wedding to save money.

I reminded him that wedding pictures will last a lifetime, and every
minute of that special day must be captured in great detail.

Consequently, I would not recommend anything other than a professional
photographer, but if finance is tight, following this proven outline
should lead to a collection of "treasured memories"

Initially, I would recommend close ups of centerpieces and the place
settings, name cards and menus.

This can be followed up with wide shots of the venue before guests
arrive and of course an overall view of the guests seated.

The bride and groom's first dance is essential, plus the happy couple
dancing with their parents. Photos of the bridal party dancing always
prove popular and guests dancing in happy situations are other
important subjects.

Close ups of the cake prior to the cutting should not be overlooked
and remember to show the bride displaying her new ring to the guests.
Photographs of the toasts to the couple will always be treasured
memories. Remember to show close ups of happy smiling faces.

Include close ups of guests' faces, having a great time. These are
best taken later in the evening ...after they have loosened up a
little. remember to depict varying situations both sitting at tables
and dancing

Family members and children also make great subjects together with
close ups of the band, DJ and the Master of Ceremonies.

The bride and groom cutting the cake is always a highlight so take
plenty of shots covering this situation.

Traditions vary from country to country with removal of the brides
garter by the single males and the catching of the bouquet by the
single ladies being two that I am familiar with. Whatever tradition is
prevelant in your country, make sure it is included in your
photographs.

Final shots should be of the couple being farewelled by guests and of
course departing in their vehicle.

Remember, you only get one chance at these situations so take plenty
of photographs and you are sure to gather a great collection of
treasured memories.

http://cncarrental.cn/html/Bothsexes...930/33102.html
Old January 16th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nntp.dsl.pipex.com

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

You missed a couple words of advice. First every piece of equipment you

Duh!
You perfectly obviously missed the fact that this is some chinaman pasting
something he found somewhere, simply so he could finally add his wretched link
at the end.

Old January 16th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GregS[_3_]

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
You missed a couple words of advice. First every piece of equipment you
own and every battery will fail at a wedding. duplicate equipment is not a
luxury.

Take a look as some books on weddings and look at all the photos, make a
list. then see the bride and her mother and go over the list and add all
the stuff they will add. Don't promise anything.

My old Pentax didn't always hold on to the film after putting in a new canister.
You had to watch and make sure it was turning. I missed at least one 20 shot roll at my brothers
wedding. I missed a few. I did have two film cameras and flashes set with different lens.

I would never load all my shots onto only one memory card.

greg
Old January 17th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Strat

In article , GregS
wrote:

My old Pentax didn't always hold on to the film after putting in a new
canister.
You had to watch and make sure it was turning. I missed at least one 20 shot
roll at my brothers
wedding. I missed a few. I did have two film cameras and flashes set with
different lens.

Yet another reason not to use 35mm for shooting weddings.
Old January 17th 08, 12:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roy G[_2_]

"88059355" wrote in message
A friend of mine asked me for advice on how he could take the pictures
at a relatives wedding to save money.

He is very obviously just stealing articles from other sources, just so he
might get someone to click onto one of his "Google Ads". He really does
not know much on any of these subjects, (or does not read English well
enough ), because this one does not even mention the actual Ceremony
anywhere, and a few of his other Spams stop mid sentance.

He has gone into my Blocked Senders.

Roy G

Old January 17th 08, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 1/16/08 6:54 PM, in article ,
"Mr. Strat" wrote:

In article , GregS
wrote:

My old Pentax didn't always hold on to the film after putting in a new
canister.
You had to watch and make sure it was turning. I missed at least one 20 shot
roll at my brothers
wedding. I missed a few. I did have two film cameras and flashes set with
different lens.

Yet another reason not to use 35mm for shooting weddings.

Yeah. They made crappy proofs.