20D GETS CLOSE !

Old July 4th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Annika1980

Default 20D GETS CLOSE !

One old adage about photography suggests that you should
always try to "get closer." One way to do that is to use a
long lens. Another way is to actually get close to your subject.

So with that in mind I took these pics this morning.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673033

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673034

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673035

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673254

-Annika ----- loves having the whole day off !!!

Old July 4th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Jer

Annika1980 wrote:
One old adage about photography suggests that you should
always try to "get closer." One way to do that is to use a
long lens. Another way is to actually get close to your subject.

So with that in mind I took these pics this morning.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673033

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673034

Is that one of those red spider mites hitching a ride?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'
Old July 4th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Mike Russell

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
One old adage about photography suggests that you should
always try to "get closer." One way to do that is to use a
long lens. Another way is to actually get close to your subject.

So with that in mind I took these pics this morning.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673033
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673034
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673035
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673254

Wow - great pix, Annika.

BTW - Is "spikeless" a picture of the same heron, sans spike?

--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

Old July 4th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
James Silverton

Mike wrote on Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:31:34 GMT:

MR "Annika1980" wrote in message
MR
ups.com...
?? One old adage about photography suggests that you should
?? always try to "get closer." One way to do that is to use
?? a long lens. Another way is to actually get close to your
?? subject.
??
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673036/original
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673033
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673034
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673035
?? http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673254

MR Wow - great pix, Annika.

MR BTW - Is "spikeless" a picture of the same heron, sans
MR spike?

Really neat pictures! Remarkable lens! How close did you get?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Old July 4th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Allen

Annika1980 wrote:
One old adage about photography suggests that you should
always try to "get closer." One way to do that is to use a
long lens. Another way is to actually get close to your subject.

So with that in mind I took these pics this morning.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673033

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673034

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673035

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673254

-Annika ----- loves having the whole day off !!!

As I have come to expect from you--Great Pictures!
Allen
Old July 4th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Ben Miller

On Jul 4, 3:39 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Bret this guy:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031

Is actually a watercress sharpshooter:

http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45142779

Noce shot - I haven't seen any in a long time...and very hard to shoot
as they don't stay still - always jutting out of frame, behind the
stem, limb, branch, leaf, whatever.

Old July 5th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 6:43 pm, Ben Miller wrote:
On Jul 4, 3:39 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Bret this guy:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/81673031

Is actually a watercress sharpshooter:

http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45142779

Noce shot - I haven't seen any in a long time...and very hard to shoot
as they don't stay still - always jutting out of frame, behind the
stem, limb, branch, leaf, whatever.

Yeah, that's exactly what he was doing. I had to put my hand on the
other side of the stem to get him to come around.

Old July 5th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 6:14 pm, BaumBadier wrote:

Nothing worse than flash used for macro-photography to destroy the image. They
might as well have been taken in a staged lab setting with dead specimens.

If they were dead then I wouldn't have needed the flash.
Without flash you are talking about long exposure times. Not such a
good idea when shooting handheld and your subject is on a leaf.

Oh yeah, here's a weather tip:
If you are ever sweating on a hot, humid day just get out the super
macro lens and try shooting bugs or flowers. It is guaranteed to make
the wind blow a nice steady breeze.

Old July 5th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Annika1980

On Jul 4, 6:43 pm, Ben Miller wrote:
On Jul 4, 3:39 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Bret this guy:
Is actually a watercress sharpshooter:

http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45142779

Very Rockwellian. Ken, not Norman.

Old July 5th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Ben Miller

On Jul 4, 10:40 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 4, 6:43 pm, Ben Miller wrote:

On Jul 4, 3:39 pm, Annika1980 wrote:

Bret this guy:
Is actually a watercress sharpshooter:

http://www.pbase.com/sirchandestroy/image/45142779

Very Rockwellian. Ken, not Norman.

It was a very early effort for me. Though I daresay the truth is
somewhere in the middle of our shots...