G+ & 1000D recovery

Old November 26th 11, 06:52 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Savageduck[_3_]

Default G+ & 1000D recovery

This was an interesting story, check the link to the G+ post;
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/26/2587599/canon-eos

Savageduck

Old November 27th 11, 02:23 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 11/26/2011 1:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This was an interesting story, check the link to the G+ post;
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/26/2587599/canon-eos

it's still nice that there are honorable people in this world. Perhaps
more than some believe.

A group of people at y local Costco bought lottery tickets twice a week.
The woman who worked at the photo center was normally part of the group,
but was home sick on purchase day and did not contribute her dollar. you
guessed it, one of the tickets they purchased won 200 million dollars.
The group treated her as if she put in the dollar, and she got a full
share.

--
Peter
Old November 27th 11, 09:25 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 11/26/2011 1:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This was an interesting story, check the link to the G+ post;
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/26/2587599/canon-eos

it's still nice that there are honorable people in this world. Perhaps
more than some believe.

A group of people at y local Costco bought lottery tickets twice a week.
The woman who worked at the photo center was normally part of the group,
but was home sick on purchase day and did not contribute her dollar. you
guessed it, one of the tickets they purchased won 200 million dollars. The
group treated her as if she put in the dollar, and she got a full share.

--
Peter

What a heart-warming story! Great to hear stuff like this, I mean, how many
of 'us' could say we would do exactly the same?
The Xmas spirit?

Old November 28th 11, 12:32 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
PeterN

On 11/27/2011 4:25 PM, J wrote:
wrote in message
On 11/26/2011 1:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
This was an interesting story, check the link to the G+ post;
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/26/2587599/canon-eos

it's still nice that there are honorable people in this world. Perhaps
more than some believe.

A group of people at y local Costco bought lottery tickets twice a week.
The woman who worked at the photo center was normally part of the group,
but was home sick on purchase day and did not contribute her dollar. you
guessed it, one of the tickets they purchased won 200 million dollars. The
group treated her as if she put in the dollar, and she got a full share.

--
Peter

What a heart-warming story! Great to hear stuff like this, I mean, how many
of 'us' could say we would do exactly the same?
The Xmas spirit?

For several years I dealt with her on processing my photos. She was
always a pleasure to deal with. I haven't dealt with the others, but it
is obvious they are really nice people. I credit the store manager, for
recognizing that attribute and nurturing it in his store.
Too many retail people don't have that attitude.

--
Peter
Old November 28th 11, 03:06 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:41:47 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Nov 26, 1:52*pm, Savageduck wrote:
This was an interesting story, check the link to the G+ post;
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/26/2587599/canon-eos

Savageduck

Would have been nice if the internal screws used by Canon had been
stainless steel instead of just steel (note the rust inside the camera
lens mount). In the old days, an SLR would have used plated brass or
s/s screws. But I understand why they do it. Most screws going into
plastic bodies are self-tapping steel and need to be strong as they
have to be forced into the material, as opposed to machined screw-
holes you'd find in a metal body where the fit would be precise and
wouldn't break a brass screw.

The screws are probably 304 stainless steel with the corrosion arising
from their interaction with the different metals around them. If they
had been brass, they would by now have been dezincified and fallen
apart long ago. But then cameras are not designed with long term
immersion in salt water in mind.

Regards,

Eric Stevens