Peek-a-boo

Old August 15th 09, 07:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

Default Peek-a-boo

How do you compete with this kind of charisma?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...665/story.html

Enjoy,

Dudley

Old August 15th 09, 08:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Maybe They'll Catch On

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 06:44:43 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
wrote:

How do you compete with this kind of charisma?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...665/story.html

Already been seen on every news network worldwide for the last 24 hours in
every display resolution conceivable. Again attesting to the proven fact
that pixels and resolution, nor camera, will ever matter. CONTENT always
trumps everything. Pro's know this, amateur snapshooters do not.

Old August 15th 09, 08:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Woodsman[_2_]

wrote:

How do you compete with this kind of charisma?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...665/story.html

Already been seen on every news network worldwide for the last 24 hours in
every display resolution conceivable. Again attesting to the proven fact
that pixels and resolution, nor camera, will ever matter. CONTENT always
trumps everything. Pro's know this, amateur snapshooters do not.

So true.

Just last night I captured an infrared video at only 320x240 resolution of
some raccoon young'ns playing in my yard. They were at it for a good 10
minutes, play-fighting with each other. Then at one point when one of them
was on the other's back biting its neck, the one under-attack reared
backward and they both fell into a water-dish set out for them. The one
under attack now thoroughly doused (as well as the attacker) became furious
and now became the attacker. I'm still chuckling from just thinking about
it while trying to describe it.

I showed that video-clip to several friends today and none of us can keep
from laughing every time we see it. I must have watched it a good 20 times
and I still laugh out-loud every time.

Old August 15th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...r+Banff+scene+...

[...]

Well, post the video, then!

Please?

--
YOP...

I'll second that request...

Take Care,
Dudley

Old August 16th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Hmmmm.... Just wait 'til the little *******s break through your kitchen
door and evenly deposit a peck of ripe peaches about 1/4" deep on
your kitchen floor... So cute - NOT! Then there is the battle to keep
the garbage ***IN*** the can when raccoons are around. Funnnn! ;-)
(Currently experiencing a "scintillating scotoma"...)
--DR

Old August 16th 09, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 8/15/09 5:02 AM, in article
, "Nicko"

wrote:

[...]

The troll nabbed you. Check the headers...

Old August 16th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Woodsman[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

The ones around here have always been very well behaved for many years.
They'll take food right from my hand. Very politely too. They've never
tried to break into the house nor have they ever dug in my garbage. I
wouldn't want them digging in anything dangerous. That which has to
eventually be taken to the recyclers once a year is safely sealed-up from
all wildlife, the rest is incinerated. People who live in the country are
generally more aware and responsible about these things. We don't have the
convenience of "out of sight, out of mind" garbage-pickup and an easy
monthly payment to make it someone else's problem.

I was considering posting the funniest part of this long video described
above, but at only 320x240 resolution and seeing how people behave in this
group I'd rather not. I'll just let close friends, people who deserve a
good laugh in their lives, enjoy it instead.

Old August 17th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

wrote:

How do you compete with this kind of charisma?

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...665/story.html

Already been seen on every news network worldwide for th

snip

Oh shut up.

always one killjoy isn't there? It was the first time I had seen the
pic. I passed it on and another person at least was happy to see it.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look