It's just wrong

Old May 19th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default It's just wrong

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Bowser wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
Bob Williams wrote:
Bowser wrote:
Maybe it's me, but there's something just wrong with this statue in
front of the library in Beaufort, SC.

http://www.manzi.org/pix/wrong.jpg
To celebrate diversity, the sculptor has made a concession to the
pedophiles in the town.
Bob Williams
I wonder what a 'shrink' would say about people that see homosexuality
in this sculpture....

I made no references to homosexuality in my original post. You were the
one who injected homosexuality. If you see a problem, look in the
mirror.

I guess you didn't look at the image. There are two people in the
picture, and both of them are male, so if there is a pedophile in the
photo, it is homosexual one, is it not?

I saw incest too. ;-)

I find it strange that two kids of quite different apparent ages would
wear the same
type/style of clothes unless they were related.
And that bloke with the sandals and knee length shorts adjusting his
spectacles
looks a bit of a shady character, and as for the pervert taking the
picture well
what can one say except lock'em all up ;-)

Totally agree. The shooter is a total loser.

BTW, don't forget to shoot a filter shot for the Shoot-In!

Old May 19th 09, 11:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 5/19/09 7:06 AM, in article
, "Bowser"
wrote:

On 2009-05-18 06:45:07 -0700, Bowser said:

George Kerby wrote:

On 5/17/09 7:02 PM, in article
, "Bowser"
wrote:

Maybe it's me, but there's something just wrong with this
statue in front of
the library in Beaufort, SC.

http://www.manzi.org/pix/wrong.jpg

If it were in NORTH Carolina, would it take on another
connotation for you?

When I posted this image, I did so to see what type of reaction it
provoked. I offered no opinion of my own. None. Despite that, a
number of posters have injected many meanings, and have assumed
that I offered some meaning in my original post. I did not. I
posted merely to provoke and see what happened. And look what
happened!

Aaaah! The very definition of a successful and worthy troll :-)

You know, you are not supposed to admit that sort of thing.

Geez, I wouldn't classify this as a troll. It's not like I said all
Nikon users are elitist snobs or anything, is it? Just having a
little fun with the locals, that's all.

Geez, you really need a vacation.

Hell, I took the pic while I was on vacation. Can't afford another one
right
now, unless you'd care to take up a collection from the newsgroup regs.
I'm
betting it'd be a total waste of time.

Besides, I bet I can find something else absurd on my next vacation on
Martha's Vineyard. Not to worry, I'll post that one, if it happens, as
well.

I got one right here...

http://i39.tinypic.com/jfj1h1.jpg

A few years back when Clinton was visiting Martha's Vineyard, the running
gag was this:

Bad news: The Clintons are coming to the Vineyard.
Good news: Ted's driving.

Old May 19th 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bowser

"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 5/18/09 8:45 AM, in article ,
"Bowser" wrote:

George Kerby wrote:

On 5/17/09 7:02 PM, in article
, "Bowser"
wrote:

Maybe it's me, but there's something just wrong with this statue in
front of
the library in Beaufort, SC.

http://www.manzi.org/pix/wrong.jpg

If it were in NORTH Carolina, would it take on another connotation for
you?

When I posted this image, I did so to see what type of reaction it
provoked. I offered no opinion of my own. None. Despite that, a number
of posters have injected many meanings, and have assumed that I offered
some meaning in my original post. I did not. I posted merely to provoke
and see what happened. And look what happened!

I was playing "P.C." with the North vs. South thing, but DO look what
happened!

"Ladies and germs, we have a WIN-NAH!"

OK, look, we all know that the northerners hate the southerners, but I bet
you don't know why. Barbeque. You simply can't get good barbeque up north,
and I don't think that's a coincidence at all. It's a GD barbeque
conspiracy, that's what it is! Once you've had the pulled pork at Charlie
and Jakes or Meemaws in Melbourne, FL, anything up north is simply sub-par.
People up here throw some chicken on the grill, slap on some sugar-sauce,
and call it barbeque. It ain't...

Old May 19th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-19 15:10:25 -0700, "Bowser" said:

"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 5/18/09 8:45 AM, in article ,
"Bowser" wrote:

George Kerby wrote:

On 5/17/09 7:02 PM, in article
, "Bowser"
wrote:

[...]

Then go West for Santa Maria style Tri-Tip, more barbeque delights!
Savageduck

Old May 20th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

whisky-dave wrote:

"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 5/18/09 6:25 AM, in article
, "Ron Hunter"
wrote:

Bob Williams wrote:
Bowser wrote:
Maybe it's me, but there's something just wrong with this statue in
front of the library in Beaufort, SC.

http://www.manzi.org/pix/wrong.jpg

To celebrate diversity, the sculptor has made a concession to the
pedophiles in the town.
Bob Williams

I wonder what a 'shrink' would say about people that see homosexuality
in this sculpture....

"Homosexuality"?!? I don't know what you see, but that is clearly a girl
holding a younger boy (little brother?) up to get a drink from the
fountain.

I find the clothes too similar to be a boy and a girl, the older girl seems
a little flat chested but that could be because 'she' is young, but those
shoes don;t lok
like young girls shoes, and the smaller child lokos quite tall enough to be
able
to take a drink from the fountain themselves.

that's not the point, it's obviously about how close they are. The
shoes thing, heck, never heard of kids wearing tough clothes because,
well, they're kids... hardly going tree climbing in a pair of heels
:O)

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look
Old May 20th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

tony cooper wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2009 08:11:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:39:33 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 May 2009 20:02:43 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

Maybe it's me, but there's something just wrong with this statue in
front
of
the library in Beaufort, SC.

http://www.manzi.org/pix/wrong.jpg

No, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the statue. What's wrong is
that our current society is teaching everyone to see the evil in every
damn thing that they see or hear.

And that's what I wanted to see. I showed this pic to a few friends, and
all
of them had the same reaction; WTF? It's just a couple of kids. You can
read
into it what you want, and apparently, provide a glimpse into our minds.

To me, it represents better days when a sister or friend would not
hesitate to help another in this manner. It truly sucks that today,
the first thing that people scream is PERVERT when someone touches
another person.

And you win the prize! Totally agree. BTW, loved Beaufort and SC. Thinking
of retiring down there and getting the hell out of Massachusetts.

I guess it was because it was North Carolina, but my first thought was
that it symbolized desegregated drinking fountains. I wouldn't have
thought that if there hadn't been an agenda suggested by the post.

There is a Beaufort NC, but this one is in SC. Besides, they pronounce them
differently. Unfortuntely, the pronunciations don't come across clearly on
usenet.

There are differences between North and South Carolina, and I do know
one from the other. As far as segregated drinking fountains in the
past, though, they were the same.

we had segregation in the UK when I was a kid... boys and girls had to
use different toilets.

Old May 20th 09, 06:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"whisky-dave" wrote

Do we know the name or title of this statue or the name of the
sculpture/artist whatever.

When this thread started I did a Google and Google News search for Beaufort
SC, and visited the Beaufort Library website (which appears to be way out of
date) and there is no mention of this statue or the exhibition it is part
of. Nothing on the Manzi site the photo comes from gives any clues, or
confirms exactly when the shot was taken - it might be years old for all we
know. Bowser, can you shed any light?

However, from the lack of news links or Blogs on the subject, it would seem
only visitors to this newsgroup saw anything suspicious or noteworthy about
the statue!

Bowser added:

Man, tough audience!

You got that right!

Paul

Old May 20th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Wed, 20 May 2009 15:08:21 +1000, "Paul Bartram" paul.bartram AT OR
NEAR lizzy.com.au wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote

Do we know the name or title of this statue or the name of the
sculpture/artist whatever.

When this thread started I did a Google and Google News search for Beaufort
SC, and visited the Beaufort Library website (which appears to be way out of
date) and there is no mention of this statue or the exhibition it is part
of.

I couldn't search out anything either.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 20th 09, 09:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

Paul Bartram wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote

Do we know the name or title of this statue or the name of the
sculpture/artist whatever.

When this thread started I did a Google and Google News search for Beaufort
SC, and visited the Beaufort Library website (which appears to be way out of
date) and there is no mention of this statue or the exhibition it is part
of. Nothing on the Manzi site the photo comes from gives any clues, or
confirms exactly when the shot was taken - it might be years old for all we
know. Bowser, can you shed any light?

it looks awfully like a piece of public art which has been around for
a while, a part of the town, so to speak.

on trying to discover the artist etc I found this page, sure to raise
some smutty comments ho ho but the theme seems to be quite common
http://www.bronze-depot.com/catalog/...ry.asp?catid=3

Old May 20th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Caesar Romano

On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:39:42 GMT, Paul Heslop
wrote Re It's just wrong:

it looks awfully like a piece of public art which has been around for
a while, a part of the town, so to speak.

on trying to discover the artist etc I found this page, sure to raise
some smutty comments ho ho but the theme seems to be quite common
http://www.bronze-depot.com/catalog/...ry.asp?catid=3

Well, there it is. The fourth row down on the left. It's not the same
sculpture, but it's the same artist or an intentional copy of his
style of work.