We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

Old April 19th 07, 11:30 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
dennis@home

Default We need to ban all handguns in America NOW

wrote in message
oups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

Old April 19th 07, 11:40 AM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Stuart

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 19, 5:01 am, "Stuart" wrote:
"James Jones" wrote in message

"G.I. Cho" wrote in message
roups.com...
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

You're going to let us keep our rifles and shotguns? Gee, that's awfully
generous of you.

I can just see it ,arm everyone including the immature students at
University and schools - some idiot comes in and tries to recreate a
massacre and it's guns ablazing to the left centre and right!!! an orgy of
killing. If the USA had a population problem it would be one way to solve
it
quick smart. The gun lobby are life haters....

Life savers...

If your theory were true, police wouldn't carry firearms.

No the police and militia are trained and have legislative authority.
Ordinary citizens can range from highly self disciplined and possessed of
logical thought processes to the idiots who performed this outrage. You can
never assume or transpose your own moral and ethical values on the entire
population - it's also a pointless exercise to use words like "they should
do this or that" people are not that predictable... it is now known the
adult male brain is not fully developed till around 24 to 25. How many 18
year olds have a cool head? How many young men settle problems with a debate
rather than primitive fists or weapons at hand? nah! the population at large
needs to be de-armed and rely on a respect the police and authority. It
will take time but it will happed after to many more deaths force reality on
the USA - just compare the violence to nearly any other 1st world country.

Old April 19th 07, 01:51 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
J. F. Cornwall

Notan wrote:

G.I. Cho wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

And how this relates to digital photography...
Old April 19th 07, 04:25 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
redc1c4

"dennis@home" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

It's OK. The UK has their own gun bans and yet still has gun
rampages.

When?
What gun rampage has their been since handguns were banned?

since guns are outlawed there, you shouldn't have *any* gun killings,
yet you do, and the number is increasing every year.

care to explain how that w*rks?

redc1c4,
pointing out the obvious, to the oblivious. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old April 19th 07, 04:28 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
redc1c4

Stuart wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

"G.I. Cho" wrote in message
[...]

you can't disarm the general public. to do so is unconstitutional, not to
mention both immoral and impractical. any attempt to do so wuld be as
productive as banning alcohol or drugs, and we've seen how *that* turned
out..... %-)

Old April 19th 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Chas.Chan

"Notan" notan@ddressthatcanbespammed wrote in message
G.I. Cho wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

Please explain exactly how one bans unregistered handguns.

The same way Mao Tse Dung, Jos. Stalin and Hiler did it.

The founding fathers knew that guns promote freedom and that Tyrants from
Hitler to Mao to Stalin have sought to disarm their own citizens, for the
simple reason that unarmed people are easier to control.

Old April 19th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
ray

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:17:08 -0700, G.I. Cho wrote:

How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

I would assume the motivation for your post would be the recent tragedy in
Virginia. From what I gather thus far, he had been planning this for quite
some time and had purchased guns a month or more ago. It would be nearly
impossible to keep weapons out of the hands of someone planning a vicious
attack in advance. Best thing it might do would be to reduce 'acts of
passion' or opporunity - which this was not. Another argument could be
made that if a firearm were required in every dorm room, that someone
might have been able to stop him before the main mahem. Are you aware that
one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world is in Switzerland (or
is it Austria) where every male head of household is required by law to
own a firearm?

BTW - this is VERY off topic.

Old April 19th 07, 05:25 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Apr 19, 12:17 am, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
How many more tragedies is it going to take before we wake up? We have
a serious gun problem in this country and it's time to take a stand.
Let the farmers and hunters keep the rifles and shotguns. Get rid of
the pistols and the assault rifles unless you want to go over and
fight in Iraq.

40 years ago, some idiot liberal psychiatrists decided the best way to
expedite the treatment of loonies was to "intergrate" them into
society. The loonies were turfed from the insane asylums (it used to
be relatively easy to have someone confined) and crime SOARED. You
now see the results of this, people who are CLEARLY out of their minds
are allowed to live in society and the results are predictable. Time
to stop blaming "objects" for crimes and START blaming people.
To start with, all homeless people should be institutionalized. All
those determined to be a danger to themselves or the public should be
locked up.

Old April 19th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.politics,us.military.army,misc.survivalism,alt.military,rec.photo.digital
Education_Is_Important

On 19 Apr 2007 09:25:56 -0700, Rich wrote:

On Apr 19, 12:17 am, "G.I. Cho" wrote:
[...]

Rich:
Some of what you have to say is accurate and clearly supported
by Psychological Studies and information currently in the databases of
the Criminal Justice System and Criminology.
In so far as it being "Time to stop blaming "objects" and
START blaming People" is concerned - that too appear to be an accurate
outflow of logic and reason. However, in "most people's minds" - they
DON'T WANT TO BLAME the person - they want to blame the object -
because they feel - if the object wasn't there - the criminal act
would not have occurred [a classic example of faulty/circular logic].
What they don't realize is the fact that if the "object" hadn't been
there - "some other object" - equally or more devastating - probably
would have been used - and quite possibly have resulted in greater or
more devastating losses of life and property.
The one part of your posting I tend to take exception to is
the "...all homeless people should be institutionalized." inference.
I suggest that you may wish to amend your "blanket reference" to the
homeless.
Granted, there are a NUMBER of the homeless who should be
institutionalized - because of Mental Disease/Disorders, Drugs and/or
Alcohol ingestion, and other equally devastating problems. However,
NOW DAYS - there are numerous people who are "homeless" and living on
the streets due to Circumstances beyond their control and the GREED of
others. Not just men, but women, children, and infants - forced out
onto the streets because of the way the economy is, because of BACK
STABBING Co-workers, because of SUPERVISORS who take umbrage at
someone who is more intelligent, experienced, or trained than they are
and end up forcing a situation on the employee - because of jealousy.
There are any number of reasons for a person/family to be unemployed
and "homeless." Not just because of a Mental, Drug, or Alcohol
problem. So, you may wish to qualify/quantify your suggestion
regarding the "HOMELESS" and the fact that you think that they need to
be "institutionalized."