Slide show program recommendations

Old July 11th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
L. Peter Stacey

Default Slide show program recommendations

Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I want to
burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions but seems like a
good programme would need to set variable times (perhaps longer if title
slide with some text) variable transitions, break up into sections
(chapters) so can find items quickly and add music or sound even spoken
descriptions etc. Obviously best if free but am prepared to pay for a good
programme.
TIA. PS.

Old July 11th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

L. Peter Stacey wrote:
Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I
want to burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions
but seems like a good programme would need to set variable times
(perhaps longer if title slide with some text) variable transitions,
break up into sections (chapters) so can find items quickly and add
music or sound even spoken descriptions etc. Obviously best if free
but am prepared to pay for a good programme.
TIA. PS.

Proshow Gold from www.photodex.com comes well recommended, but having
downloaded the trial I was very dissapointed to find the whole slideshow in
the trial version was overlaid with a massive slogan. If suppliers don't
trust me to delete the trial whem it has time-expired, I don't trust them,
full stop, so I deleted it immediately.

If you are not of the same frame of mind, try it.

I currently use Adobe Photoshop Album and find it is a fairly user-friendly
library/database designed specifically for beginner/intermediate digital
photographers, and has CD-Burning facilities and e-mail built-in. Worth a
try, from the Adobe site.

Dennis.

Old July 11th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
L. Peter Stacey wrote:
[...]

I second Proshow Gold, an excellent program for the creation of slideshows.

John

Old July 11th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank Pittel

The best I've used was Imovie.

--

-------------------
Old July 11th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Falla

I personally think that PTE (Pictures to Exe) is the best and will be even
better in the Autumn when Version 5 is released.

It is relatively cheap, $24, and that is for a lifetime licence, as with
Proshow Gold you can download a trial version but you can only put a few
slides into the show. For more details see

http://www.wnsoft.com/

and they have a very useful forum

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

Finally to see examples of work in PTE go to

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

Hope this helps

Tony Falla

Old July 11th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stan Horwitz

In article ,
"L. Peter Stacey" wrote:

Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I want to
burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions but seems like a
good programme would need to set variable times (perhaps longer if title
slide with some text) variable transitions, break up into sections
(chapters) so can find items quickly and add music or sound even spoken
descriptions etc. Obviously best if free but am prepared to pay for a good
programme.
TIA. PS.

Why not just use the iLife apps that should already be on your Mac?
Old July 12th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank Calidonna

L. Peter Stacey wrote:
Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I want to
burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions but seems like a
good programme would need to set variable times (perhaps longer if title
slide with some text) variable transitions, break up into sections
(chapters) so can find items quickly and add music or sound even spoken
descriptions etc. Obviously best if free but am prepared to pay for a good
programme.
TIA. PS.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro, actually a video editing program, but is very
versatile with three video (slide) tracks and three audio tracks. Having
paid a fortune for it I now know that Premiere Elements will do the same
thing for me since I am not editing video and it sells for about $100.
Old July 12th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank Pittel

Stan Horwitz wrote:
: In article ,
: "L. Peter Stacey" wrote:

: Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I want to
: burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions but seems like a
: good programme would need to set variable times (perhaps longer if title
: slide with some text) variable transitions, break up into sections
: (chapters) so can find items quickly and add music or sound even spoken
: descriptions etc. Obviously best if free but am prepared to pay for a good
: programme.
: TIA. PS.

: Why not just use the iLife apps that should already be on your Mac?

I like the way you think! :-)
--

-------------------
Old July 12th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

L. Peter Stacey wrote:
Having recently gone on a trip and with lots of pictures of same I want to
burn CD / DVD to produce a 'slideshow'. Open to suggestions but seems like a
good programme would need to set variable times (perhaps longer if title
slide with some text) variable transitions, break up into sections
(chapters) so can find items quickly and add music or sound even spoken
descriptions etc. Obviously best if free but am prepared to pay for a good
programme.
TIA. PS.

Hi L. Peter Stacey, I think DVD SlideShow Builder exactly meets your
needs.
1. Multiple transition effects;
2. Menu designer, separate the different slide;
3. Music or Narration can be added and trimed;
4. Fast burn to DVD, VCD or SVCD.

In all honesty, I must tell you in advance, it's not for free. But you
could try it before purchase.

http://www3.photo2vcd.com