Playing with near IR

Old September 1st 14, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Playing with near IR

Savageduck wrote:

I had it done by a local repair guy. The conversion does not require a
filter in front of the lens. The conversion was done a few years ago,
on a camera that I did not use any more. Total cost of the conversion
was about $70. I did it just to experiment with. You can twist my
fingernails, and I can't give you more information.

Why not call your local guy and ask him what he actually did to make
the conversion?

because he'd rather argue.
Old September 1st 14, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 9/1/2014 2:17 PM, nospam wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

I had it done by a local repair guy. The conversion does not require a
filter in front of the lens. The conversion was done a few years ago,
on a camera that I did not use any more. Total cost of the conversion
was about $70. I did it just to experiment with. You can twist my
fingernails, and I can't give you more information.

Why not call your local guy and ask him what he actually did to make
the conversion?

because he'd rather argue.

Do learn to read.

--
PeterN
Old September 1st 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 29 August 2014 23:11:40 UTC+1, M-M wrote:
In article , nospam

wrote:

removing the infrared cut filter turns it into a full spectrum camera,

which covers visible light *and* infrared. you now need an infrared

pass filter on the lens to cut visible light if you want infrared.

Correct.

The old Olympus C2020 never had an IR filter and works well for IR

photography if an R72 is used with it.

Here is a page I made using this technique:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

They show the efects well, although I couldn't get teh movie to do anything other than show a blank white background.

I see the problem. I'm working on it...

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old September 2nd 14, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

wrote:

removing the infrared cut filter turns it into a full spectrum camera,

which covers visible light *and* infrared. you now need an infrared

pass filter on the lens to cut visible light if you want infrared.

Correct.

The old Olympus C2020 never had an IR filter and works well for IR

photography if an R72 is used with it.

Here is a page I made using this technique:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

They show the efects well, although I couldn't get teh movie to do anything other than show a blank white background.

Fixed it (I think)
Thanks for the report

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old September 2nd 14, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

They show the efects well, although I couldn't get teh movie to do
anything other than show a blank white background.

Fixed it (I think)

Thanks for the report

Still doesn't work in firefox V31 I think
but OK in IE V 11

Strange. It doesn't work on Firefox for Mac either but it does work on
Chrome and Safari.

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old September 3rd 14, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

run it through http://validator.w3.org/ and fix what it finds.