Photo Opportunity to die for.

Old November 15th 12, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Photo Opportunity to die for.

Thanks very much to Gavin Conroy of Classic Aircraft Photography for
providing this fab shot taken on 26 October from the back seat of
Spitfire ZK-WDQ
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/Mosquito_Vampire.jpg

Eric Stevens
Old November 15th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-11-14 20:02:49 -0800, Eric Stevens said:

Thanks very much to Gavin Conroy of Classic Aircraft Photography for
providing this fab shot taken on 26 October from the back seat of
Spitfire ZK-WDQ
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/Mosquito_Vampire.jpg

Nice air-to-air shot.

Savageduck

Old November 15th 12, 08:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Polly the Parrott

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 20:14:16 -0800, Savageduck

On 2012-11-14 20:02:49 -0800, Eric Stevens said:

Thanks very much to Gavin Conroy of Classic Aircraft Photography for
providing this fab shot taken on 26 October from the back seat of
Spitfire ZK-WDQ
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/Mosquito_Vampire.jpg

Any idea of gear used?

Nice air-to-air shot.

Over what city would this be?
Old November 15th 12, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_2_]

On 2012-11-14 20:02:49 -0800, Eric Stevens said:

Thanks very much to Gavin ConrS taken. Probably a 'must watch, if you are

into these things.

Nice air-to-air shot.

Over what city would this be?

Auckland, New Zealand.

LOL...on first glance I thought that was the Seattle Space Needle in the
background

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686
Old November 16th 12, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

: wrote:
: On 2012-11-14 20:02:49 -0800, Eric Stevens said:
:
: Thanks very much to Gavin Conroy of Classic Aircraft Photography for
: providing this fab shot taken on 26 October from the back seat of
: Spitfire ZK-WDQ
: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/Mosquito_Vampire.jpg
:
: Any idea of gear used?
:
: Nice meal, chef. What brand of pans did you use?

That sarcasm is odd, coming from you. Isn't one of your main claims to
competence your better-than-average knowledge and understanding of
photographic equipment?

: Nice air-to-air shot.
:
: Over what city would this be?
:
: One that provides a busy background that completely ruins the shot.

At first I sort of agreed, but I changed my mind. The busy background does
clash with the aeroplanes, but the very fact that they seem out of place over
the city is a lot of what makes the picture work. A nondescript background
would probably produce a less interesting picture.

: Fortunately, the link in Eric's later post to work by the same
: photographer (Gavin Conroy) reveals that very few of his aircraft
: shots are similarly ruined.
:
: I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that a newsgroup which could more
: accurately be named rec.photo.old_men_and_their_boys'_toys is just the
: place to find links to images of boys' toys made with boys' toys ...
:
: Play on, guys! ;-)

Just can't resist, can you? Yeah, I suppose most of us are older than you. But
maybe that gives you time to get your mind right before you reach our advanced
age.

Bob