You want clouds?

Old December 9th 13, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default You want clouds?

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/gallery/#p=8&i=3

Eric Stevens
Old December 10th 13, 03:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 12/9/2013 3:15 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:44:59 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/gallery/#p=8&i=3

It's tempting to download some of those clouds to use in combination
with OnOne's PerfectMask program to use as replacements for blah
skies. However, I stay somewhat honest and have a large folder of
cloud and sky shots that I've taken.

About a month ago we had a discussion in my CC about the use of
textures. Said discussion was made in context of it being OK to use
presets. The conclusion that all textures must be those of the maker.
the distinction being that in one case the maker's pixels were simply
being manipulated, while textures were not the maker's pixels. We are
still waiting a decision from our governing body. IMHO, using a preset,
would be equivalent to you doing the manipulation on my images, and me
submitting it as my own work.

Florida cloud and sky images aren't as good, though. We don't see
those dramatic storm-threatening skies and golden skies that your page
has. Florida sky is solid pale, almost white, blue, nice blue with
puffy white clouds, gray with darkish clouds, or blah gray.

Take a short trip. Savanah has good morning skys. ;-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC2189_0936.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/_DSC2171_0918.jpg-
-
PeterN
Old December 10th 13, 01:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Florida sky is solid pale, almost white, blue, nice blue with
puffy white clouds, gray with darkish clouds, or blah gray.

Perhaps it depends on the part of Florida. Gulf coast sunsets are
magnificent.

--
m-m
photo gallery:
Old December 11th 13, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 12/10/2013 8:11 AM, M-M wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Florida sky is solid pale, almost white, blue, nice blue with
puffy white clouds, gray with darkish clouds, or blah gray.

Perhaps it depends on the part of Florida. Gulf coast sunsets are
magnificent.

Yep.

--
PeterN
Old December 11th 13, 12:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 12/10/2013 8:11 AM, M-M wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Florida sky is solid pale, almost white, blue, nice blue with
puffy white clouds, gray with darkish clouds, or blah gray.

Perhaps it depends on the part of Florida. Gulf coast sunsets are
magnificent.

Yup!
Can't wait to get there.
Also, looking forward to a good meal at Trulock's.

--
PeterN