Another way cool one

Old November 1st 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

Default Another way cool one

In article ,
says...

On 10/31/2013 5:18 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
"James Silverton" wrote in message
On 10/31/2013 4:20 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...

"M-M" wrote in message
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade 350GX/GoPro
Hero2
http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

I like this one even more than the cityscape.
Is that the "sure-kill" expressway on the bridge? lol

I think that's a railroad bridge. Looks like there's a train on it.

Hmm. I suspect that the existence of GPS-equipped quadcopters and the
like is going to do interesting things for Google Earth's coverage.

hmm. That's an interesting idea. Like in enterprising photogs
photographing areas with that gadget (according to guidelines) and
uploading
to google for a fee?

I have sometimes wondered what would be the legal consequences if I took a
shotgun and blasted a helicopter drone over my property?

Of course, if it were a police drone, it could be construed to be
obstruction of justice or something similar.

But the police can't enter my property without a warrant and what about
"stand your ground" laws?

They can't enter it but they can fly over it just like the airlines can.
Where the limits on that lie is going to have to be worked out if they
start using drones extensively.

Old November 1st 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article , says...

On 2013-10-31 21:17:04 +0000, "Tim Conway" said:

"James Silverton" wrote in message
On 10/31/2013 4:20 PM, Tim Conway wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,

says...

"M-M" wrote in message
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade 350GX/GoPro
Hero2
http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

I like this one even more than the cityscape.
Is that the "sure-kill" expressway on the bridge? lol

I think that's a railroad bridge. Looks like there's a train on it.

Hmm. I suspect that the existence of GPS-equipped quadcopters and the
like is going to do interesting things for Google Earth's coverage.

hmm. That's an interesting idea. Like in enterprising photogs
photographing areas with that gadget (according to guidelines) and
uploading
to google for a fee?

I have sometimes wondered what would be the legal consequences if I took
shotgun and blasted a helicopter drone over my property?

I'd guess it would be the same as any other destruction of someone's
personal property.

Your clock seems to be running about an hour fast.
I show your post reaching me at 14:17 and it is currently 13:23 out here
in California.

Yep. You're probably right. I'm running XP on SP2 and it doesn't update
with the daylight savings time change so I have to manually set my clock for
the week or two until my XP will catch up and I then reset it.
I go through this every year. I guess I should just update to SP3 and be
done with it. LOL

No need for SP3. There's a patch
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836.

Old November 7th 13, 12:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 10/31/13 4:06 AM, in article , "Sandman"
wrote:

In article , George Kerby wrote:

M-M:
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade 350GX/GoPro
Hero2
http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

To be "cool" it has to be realistic. That looks like the toy that it
is. At least get a less distorted lens than that door peephole for
the capture.

Uh, what is "unrealistic" about the picture?

Uh, you like your horizon line elliptical?

Old November 7th 13, 01:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Old November 7th 13, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , George Kerby wrote:

M-M:
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade
350GX/GoPro Hero2 http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

George Kerby:
To be "cool" it has to be realistic. That looks like the toy
that it is. At least get a less distorted lens than that door
peephole for the capture.

Sandman:
Uh, what is "unrealistic" about the picture?

Uh, you like your horizon line elliptical?

So, uh, yeah - pretty much every lens in the entire world distorts the
image to some degree. Most of the time, you don't actually notice, but that
doesn't mean it's not there.

So bascially, you're saying that all photos are unrealistic. Or you're
going to have to come up with a logical threshold for distortion for when
it becomes "unrealistic".

But yeah - I do like my horizon lines elliptical in fisheye shots.

I'm assuming that you never let people in who ring your doorbell, because
when you look at them through the peep hole, they look too unrealistic to
be allowed into your home :-D

--
Sandman[.net]
Old November 7th 13, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 11/6/13 6:09 PM, in article
2013110616091971283-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

Old November 8th 13, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

wrote:

In article , George Kerby wrote:

M-M:
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade 350GX/GoPro
Hero2
http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

To be "cool" it has to be realistic. That looks like the toy that it
is. At least get a less distorted lens than that door peephole for
the capture.

Uh, what is "unrealistic" about the picture?

Uh, you like your horizon line elliptical?

sigh!

Really, one thing what makes it cool is if you zoom in, there is a
train going over the railroad bridge.

--
m-m
photo gallery:
Old November 8th 13, 03:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

In article , George Kerby wrote:

M-M:
Along the banks of the Schuylkill river. From a Blade 350GX/GoPro
Hero2
http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/bridge.jpg

To be "cool" it has to be realistic. That looks like the toy that it
is. At least get a less distorted lens than that door peephole for
the capture.

Uh, what is "unrealistic" about the picture?

Uh, you like your horizon line elliptical?

sigh!

Really, one thing what makes it cool is if you zoom in, there is a
train going over the railroad bridge.

Why, so there is.

Savageduck

cool aviel571 Digital Photography 1 July 29th 07 05:07 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 Digital Photography 0 April 1st 07 10:09 AM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 Digital Photography 0 March 21st 07 06:59 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!1 aviel570 Digital Photography 0 March 21st 07 06:57 PM
FA: This Minox B spy camera not only LOOKS cool, carrying it makes you FEEL cool! Hugh Lyon-Sach 35mm Equipment for Sale 1 August 12th 05 05:38 PM