Way cool photo

Old November 2nd 13, 09:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
M-M

Default Way cool photo

In article , Joe
Makowiec wrote:

On 02 Nov 2013 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, M-M wrote:

Eesh!- It's a concept.
Here's one on a clear day:

http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/lak.jpg

Is there enough connection with the device to see the picture you're
taking in real time?

Sort of, maybe.:
"The Wi-Fi BacPac also enables your HD HERO2 camera to connect to the
free GoPro App for remote camera control and content preview on your
smartphone or tablet."

--
m-m
photo gallery:
Old November 2nd 13, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 21:53:59 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 11/1/2013 6:43 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On 1 Nov 2013 12:50:12 GMT, Sandman wrote:

In article , PeterN wrote:

bugbear:
I googled, so you don't have to:
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/blad...ith-GPS-p/blh7
800.htm important bit: Our Price: $469.99 BugBear

PeterN:
Does that price include the camera?

"click" button not working on your mouse? BugBear

Something else isn't "clicking" at Peter's end

Yes my ability to understand your obsession with venom, and obvious
willingness to make such constructive comments.

Peter thinks "venom" is usually found in posts ending in a smiley. :-D

Smileys don't negate venom in the rest of the article.

Is that like the smile on the face of the tiger.

More like a Cobra. You never know when it is going to strike again.

Eric Stevens
Old November 2nd 13, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article ,
says...

In article , Joe
Makowiec wrote:

On 02 Nov 2013 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, M-M wrote:

Eesh!- It's a concept.
Here's one on a clear day:

http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/lak.jpg

Is there enough connection with the device to see the picture you're
taking in real time?

Sort of, maybe.:
"The Wi-Fi BacPac also enables your HD HERO2 camera to connect to the
free GoPro App for remote camera control and content preview on your
smartphone or tablet."

"Wi-Fi connectivity and long-range remote control from up to 600'/180m."
Old November 3rd 13, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

On 2 Nov 2013 10:29:54 GMT, Sandman wrote:

In article , PeterN wrote:

bugbear:
"click" button not working on your mouse? BugBear

Sandman:
Something else isn't "clicking" at Peter's end

PeterN:
Yes my ability to understand your obsession with venom, and
obvious willingness to make such constructive comments.

Sandman:
Peter thinks "venom" is usually found in posts ending in a
smiley. :-D

Eric Stevens:
Smileys don't negate venom in the rest of the article.

Is that like the smile on the face of the tiger.

Peter feels like the prey of the savannah in here. scurrying around trying
to hide from the big bad tiger Sandman who eats him alive with facts,
details, quotes and reality.

Reality? Are you sure?

Be afraid, be very afraid little bunny.

Eric Stevens
Old November 3rd 13, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:32:09 AM UTC-4, M-M wrote:
In article ,

RichA wrote:

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:32:07 PM UTC-4, M-M wrote:

Taken with a GoPro camera on a quadcopter flying over the Philadelphia

Art Museum today. It was a dreary day but I'll take it!

http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/philly1.jpg

Eesh! What quality.

Eesh!- It's a concept.

Here's one on a clear day:

http://www.mhmyers.com/gopro/lak.jpg

It's fine. And you do realize that the curve is the fisheye effect...and not the curve of the Earth?

I wish I could find a filter to correct for that. I tried the camera
distortion filter in Photoshop Elements but it affects the entire
photo.

--
m-m
photo gallery:
Old November 3rd 13, 05:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-03 05:04:33 +0000, M-M said

It's fine. And you do realize that the curve is the fisheye
effect...and not the curve of the Earth?

I wish I could find a filter to correct for that. I tried the camera
distortion filter in Photoshop Elements but it affects the entire
photo.

In PS CS6 & CC there is the "Adaptive Wide Angle" filter that can
provide correction for Fish-eye and ultra-WA lenses as well as some
manual correction . All of that goes beyond what could previously be
achieved with the "Lens Correction" filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qSEIHXkFsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqjfSPUtj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJl9IHZZQkk

Savageduck

Old November 4th 13, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M

Savageduck wrote:

In PS CS6 & CC there is the "Adaptive Wide Angle" filter that can
provide correction for Fish-eye and ultra-WA lenses as well as some
manual correction . All of that goes beyond what could previously be
achieved with the "Lens Correction" filter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qSEIHXkFsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oqjfSPUtj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJl9IHZZQkk

Thanks. That looks complicated, but actually the "earth curve" effect
isn't so bad.

I tried to stitch some together but that didn't work out very well
either. The shots were set up taking one photo every 1/2 second while
the copter was hovering and rotating around getting a 360 degree view.
I thought it would be a neat effect to have a circular photo but I got
impatient with the photostitch panorama.

--
m-m
photo gallery:
Old November 4th 13, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
Something else isn't "clicking" at Peter's end

PeterN:
Yes my ability to understand your obsession with venom,
and obvious willingness to make such constructive
comments.

Sandman:
Peter thinks "venom" is usually found in posts ending in a
smiley. :-D

Eric Stevens:
Smileys don't negate venom in the rest of the article.

PeterN:
Is that like the smile on the face of the tiger.

Sandman:
Peter feels like the prey of the savannah in here. scurrying
around trying to hide from the big bad tiger Sandman who eats him
alive with facts, details, quotes and reality.

Reality? Are you sure?

Very.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old November 6th 13, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Big Cats

On 2013-11-02 11:35:18 +0000, Sandman said:

It has a flexible spine that allows its stride to be as long as 7-8
*meters* at top speed. It has a unique running style where all four feets
are off the grouod twice in each stride.

Well, I'm glad you like cheetahs, they are all you say, but when they
chill out and lie back they purr so strongly the vibrations can be felt
right through your body if you care to stroke a willing subject.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._3552-E-1w.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...C_3633B-1w.jpg

See the video at
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/transcoded/6/62/Cheetahs_on_the_Edge_(Director's_Cut).ogv/Cheetahs_on_the_Edge_(Director's_Cut).ogv.480p.web m
or in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheetah

Unfortunately they are pretty "weak" animals that expend huge amounts of
energy to catch their prey (meaning they can't "miss" often or they
literally deplete themselves). After a kill they are unable to protect
their kill and can't carry large kills up into a tree. So all sorts of
other animals from lions down to hyenas and vultures are quite adept at
stealing their kills (and killing cheetah cubs). They've declined in
numbers greatly due to loss of habitat which forces them to compete in
areas where they're less able to defend themselves - which is most
typically by evasion.

(wrote this the other day and forgot to send it...)

--
"Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another."
-Ambrose Bierce
Old November 6th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-11-06 21:53:51 +0000, Alan Browne

On 2013-11-02 11:35:18 +0000, Sandman said:

[...]

Yup! They are seriously endangered. That is one of the reasons the few
captive breeding programs are their only hope for survival. This one in
South Africa is one of the most successful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Wild...ildlife_Centre

Savageduck