Any twist bodies like old Coolpix 995?

Old May 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
c mateland

Default Any twist bodies like old Coolpix 995?

Hi. I enjoy shooting with my old Nikon Coolpix 995 because of the
twist body design. It works well with how I shoot.

Besides the Nikon S4 and S10, are there any other cameras that offer
that twisting action today?

Thanks,
Chuck

Old May 24th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
bluezfolk

On May 23, 6:08 pm, c mateland wrote:
Hi. I enjoy shooting with my old Nikon Coolpix 995 because of the
twist body design. It works well with how I shoot.

Besides the Nikon S4 and S10, are there any other cameras that offer
that twisting action today?

Thanks,
Chuck

You might have to settle for a twist screen on a Canon. I've found
they come in very handy for taking photos in unlikely places.

Old May 24th 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
c mateland

On May 23, 7:08 pm, bluezfolk wrote:
On May 23, 6:08 pm, c mateland wrote:

Besides the Nikon S4 and S10, are there any other cameras that offer
that twisting action today?

You might have to settle for a twist screen on a Canon. I've found
they come in very handy for taking photos in unlikely places.

Do you know a model number?

Thanks.

Old May 24th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On 23 May 2007 23:40:46 -0700, c mateland wrote:

Besides the Nikon S4 and S10, are there any other cameras that offer
that twisting action today?

You might have to settle for a twist screen on a Canon. I've found
they come in very handy for taking photos in unlikely places.

Do you know a model number?

Realizing that they're twist/rotate LCD displays, not bodies, look
into Canon's S3 IS, S5 IS, A620, A630, A640, etc. The S3 IS, A620
and A630 are older models. I got a new A620 back around last Dec.,
and some might still be available new somewhere if you look hard
enough. As may be recognizable from the names, the S3 IS and S5 IS
have Image Stabilization and probably the best video recording. The
A6xx models have amazingly long battery life. With them, unless
everything you shoot uses the flash, rechargeable batteries aren't
needed. Plain old cheap alkaline AA batteries can last over 1,000
shots per set, and NiMH rechargeables up to about 1,600 shots per
charge.

Old May 24th 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Ruether

"c mateland" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi. I enjoy shooting with my old Nikon Coolpix 995 because of the
twist body design. It works well with how I shoot.

Besides the Nikon S4 and S10, are there any other cameras that offer
that twisting action today?

Thanks,
Chuck

I'm not sure if this is the same, but the Sony 707/717 had an articulated
lens/body arrangement (you hold onto the large lens and the body with both
VFs, the main controls, and the grip would bend up or down for high or
low angle shooting. BTW, I may want to sell my 707 (wonderful imager,
with a great "Zeiss" f2-2.6 lens).
--
David Ruether

http://www.donferrario.com/ruether

Old May 24th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
c mateland

On May 24, 2:25 am, ASAAR wrote:
[...]

Those look very interesting and might do the trick. Thanks.

I like too that they have a wide spread of prices. I'm looking for
this camera to be under $300 for what I'm using it for. I'll look into
it deeper and post follow up questions should they arise.

Thanks again.