Connecting off camera flash to shoe

Old November 9th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Connecting off camera flash to shoe

Hello,
I would like to move my vivitar 2800 flash off my minolta x-700 body,
and was uncertain about which cable to use to connect the flash to the
off-camera shoe. My flash didn't come with any cables, and I wasn't
sure which of the ones listed in the x-700 manual I should purchase.
Any help would be appreciated.

Old November 9th 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

P wrote:
Hello,
I would like to move my vivitar 2800 flash off my minolta x-700 body,
and was uncertain about which cable to use to connect the flash to the
off-camera shoe. My flash didn't come with any cables, and I wasn't
sure which of the ones listed in the x-700 manual I should purchase.
Any help would be appreciated.

It's not as simple a question as it appears, and largely depends on the
connections that are available on the flashgun (which I'm not familiar
with) and whether you have/want dedicated functions. Drop by a
pro-camera store, carrying the camera and flashgun, if no-one here
answers. If it's a dedicated flashgun, you're probably better off
leaving it on-camera and 'synch-ing' another.

Old November 9th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob Hickey

"P" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I would like to move my vivitar 2800 flash off my minolta x-700 body,
and was uncertain about which cable to use to connect the flash to the
off-camera shoe. My flash didn't come with any cables, and I wasn't
sure which of the ones listed in the x-700 manual I should purchase.
Any help would be appreciated.
According to the trusty

Paramount Sync cord site, the Vivitar #9 is the one you need. Paramount has
always worked best for me. Bob Hickey

Old November 11th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Since I've not purchased the off camera shoe, I'm going to with the
VHS-6C Vivitar to Hot Shoe from the Paramount site, as it looks like a
nice "all in one" solution. Thanks for all the help.