Impossible to rationally pick a winner? (10 meg DSLRS)

Old October 4th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
AaronW

Default Impossible to rationally pick a winner? (10 meg DSLRS)

RichA wrote:
The current crop of 10 meg DSLRs. Olympus, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Pentax
and Samsung.
Lets say you had no irrational fealty to a specific brand. Given the
specs and noting that performance is very similar to one another (from
the ones they've tested) could you pick one solely based on it's
feature set and the importance of those features for you?
Would the system choice (lenses, flashes, etc) make any difference to
you over and above the camera feature set?

I use 50/1.8 and 85/1.8 most often. The majority on your list do not
offer these. So this will trim down the list considerably. I'd like to
have in-camera anti shake, especially since Canon/Nikon do not have
IS/VR in 50/1.8 and 85/1.8. Hopefully they will have in-camera AS soon.

Then I consider the price and performance of the whole system, camera,
lenses, and high power flash.

http://digitcamera.tripod.com/#slr

Old October 5th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Stig Vidar Hovland

Default IS mechanisms

Gisle Hannemyr wrote in
:

As far as MF lenses go, I presume this could be fixed too, with
a menu option where you tell the camera what the focal length of
the lens is?

And this is implemented at least on Pentax cameras. I don't know about KM
or Sony.

Stig Vidar Hovland
Old October 6th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ian

"Stig Vidar Hovland" wrote in message
news : Gisle Hannemyr wrote in
: :
:
:
: As far as MF lenses go, I presume this could be fixed too, with
: a menu option where you tell the camera what the focal length of
: the lens is?
:
: And this is implemented at least on Pentax cameras. I don't know about KM
: or Sony.
:
: Stig Vidar Hovland

Do you know jeremy clarkson by any chance?