Any future for Pentax?

Old September 17th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jeremy

Default Any future for Pentax?

"Pete D" wrote in message

I think only hard core photographers will be swayed by the if you buy
Canon or Nikon you cant go wrong, the general buying public will see the
K10D package and it will sell itself, it is just so superior.

One model does not a reputation make. Where was Pentax all this time? And
now you think that a significant percentage of buyers are going to abandon
the heavy hitters and jump over to Pentax? I can't imagine that happening.
I could be wrong. I hope I am.

Old September 17th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ryan Robbins

"jeremy" wrote in message

"Pete D" wrote in message

I think only hard core photographers will be swayed by the if you buy
Canon or Nikon you cant go wrong, the general buying public will see the
K10D package and it will sell itself, it is just so superior.

One model does not a reputation make. Where was Pentax all this time?

Selling the *ist D, which is an excellent camera.

Old September 17th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Pete D

"Pete D" wrote in message

I think only hard core photographers will be swayed by the if you buy
Canon or Nikon you cant go wrong, the general buying public will see the
K10D package and it will sell itself, it is just so superior.

One model does not a reputation make. Where was Pentax all this time?
And now you think that a significant percentage of buyers are going to
abandon the heavy hitters and jump over to Pentax? I can't imagine that
happening. I could be wrong. I hope I am.

I did not say that significant number will abandon the heavy hitters but I
can certainly see them regain a good enough share to stay in business, if
only they can get the marketing right, they certainly have a good enough
product in the K10D and K100D.

Old September 17th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Marc Sabatella

"jeremy" wrote:

One model does not a reputation make. Where was Pentax all this time?

Making some quite excellent cameras like the *istDS and K100D, both of
which were arguably the best in their classes when released.

And now you think that a significant percentage of buyers are going to
abandon the heavy hitters and jump over to Pentax?

"Significant"? No, probably not - although you'd be surprised at the
number of postings over the last few days on dpreview from current
owners of other systems who are indeed planning on switching.

Anyhow, I never said that many would switch. I was replying to your
comment about someone just getting into the game today. Believe it or
not, there are folks out there who do not yet own *any* DSLR, and the
K10D is going to look like a slam dunk to many of them. I don't
understand why you'd recommend they spend an extra $500 to get a lesser
camera.

Marc Sabatella

Music, art, & educational materials
Featuring "A Jazz Improvisation Primer"
http://www.outsideshore.com/

Old September 20th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
AaronW

Is there any Pentax site that has lens MTF?

http://digitcamera.tripod.com/#slr