Oil painting on canvas with textile bumps and patterns

Old August 23rd 17, 06:36 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Blake Snyder

Default Oil painting on canvas with textile bumps and patterns

I used to have freeware on Windows (or maybe it was on Linux?) that did oil
painting out of a jpeg picture but that also had the choice of fabrics so
that the oil painting looked like it was on canvas instead of an oil
painting that looks like it's on glass or some other smooth surface.

Anyone remember what Windows freeware that was?
Old August 23rd 17, 10:55 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
wasbit[_2_]

"Blake Snyder" wrote in message
news
I used to have freeware on Windows (or maybe it was on Linux?) that did
oil
painting out of a jpeg picture but that also had the choice of fabrics so
that the oil painting looked like it was on canvas instead of an oil
painting that looks like it's on glass or some other smooth surface.

Anyone remember what Windows freeware that was?

Posted a list to see if anything jogs you memory.

--
Regards
wasbit

Old August 23rd 17, 04:01 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Blake Snyder

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 03:20:59 -0400, in
, Flasherly wrote:

They've all, most, further effects processing, among so-called paint
programs;- less a side to the other, linear geometrics, the reputed
strictness and formality to optical rules of perception, and a
formalistic aspect to the CAD perspective. Paint is as much a
throwback and afterthought to a forgone era and age, as it were, the
lost technique;- what we, our lineage, have and want is within the
imagery of hyper-realism from computer-generated filmage for a
celluloid sci-fi backdrop.

But then that's art. Layering upon layers of translucency, revealing
one impression, by itself unobtainable without the other, by passing
through a discriminate mark and resemblance, comprising the relief,
all but an aspect of reality;- which steps across conceivably bounds
to frame a work of sanity, in a distance uniquely entitled a
signature.

Why I'd suggest adapting to several programs, instances of unique
features, each programmer brings to a set of [all] sets, for parsing
effects from one to the other, thereby realizing in potential the full
assembly-line of limits given a sense of determinate combinations

Wasbit said he posted a list of textiling software programs but I don't see
that list on any of the three related groups in this thread.
Old August 23rd 17, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
occam

, Flasherly wrote:

[...]

Search for the header 'Freeware - Art/Design/Paint'
Old August 23rd 17, 04:27 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
occam

, Flasherly wrote:

[...]

P.S. posted under alt.comp.freeware only
Old August 23rd 17, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Blake Snyder

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 17:25:24 +0200, in news
Search for the header 'Freeware - Art/Design/Paint'

Found that list.

None seem familiar so I'll do some googling of the list below
to see if any do a textile oil on canvas of a JPEG photograph.

* Art/Design/Paint *
*
* Active Paint (freeware version) - http://www.roubecsoft.com/
* AndreaMosaic - http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/
* ArtRage - http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html
* Artweaver - http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version
* Artweaver Portable - http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1390
* Avance Paint (art & image editor) - http://users.belgacom.net/rgs/avancepaint.htm
*
* CherryBrush - http://www.drpetter.se/project_cherrybrush.html
* CobPaint (Kids/Special needs) - http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/obsolete.htm
* Colorpad - http://www.webmasterfree.com/ColorPad_d7705.html
* Context Free (images from instructions) - http://www.contextfreeart.org/
*
* Deep Paint 2 - http://download.chip.eu/en/Deep-Paint-2.0_132831.html
* Draw3D - http://www.draw3d.com/
* Draw4free (on/offline) - http://www.draw4free.com/drawPage.htm
* Drawplus - see Serif
* Draw SWF - http://drawswf.sourceforge.net/
* DrawWorx - http://www.plworx-software.com/products.html
* Dynamic Draw - http://www.dynamicdraw.com
*
* Epic Pen (draw on desktop) - http://sourceforge.net/projects/epicpen/
*
* Falco Auto Image (capture/convert) - http://www.falcoware.com/downloads_icon_editors.php
* Falco Image Studio (create/edit/manage) - http://www.falcoware.com/downloads_icon_editors.php
* Freehand Painter - http://www.deskshare.com/freehand-painter.aspx
*
* GIMP - www.gimp.org/
* GimpMinimizer - http://www.mystercrowley.com/software_pros.php
* Glab Bumpy Paint (Bmp/Tiff only) - http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA024811/english.html
* GrafX2 - http://www.eclipse-game.com/
* Gradient Studio - http://freshney.org/index.htm
* Greenfish Painter - http://greenfish.xtreemhost.com/downloads.php
*
* Helios Paint (hue,saturation,brightness) - http://www.heliospaint.com
* Hornil StylPix - http://hornil.com/en/products/stylepix/
*
* ImageForge (paint) - http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_ai.html
* ImageJ (2d) - http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/features.html
* ImageTasks - http://www.imagetasks.com/
* Imagicon (convertor) - http://www.deviouscodeworks.co.uk/ - http://www.download3000.com/download_9302.html
* Inkscape - http://www.inkscape.org/
* InsightPoint(graphics) - http://www.icytec.com/
* IrfanPaint (IrfanView addon) - http://www.mitalia.net/irfanpaint/
*
* Junior Airbrush - http://www.cybia.co.uk/juniorairbrush.html
*
* Kavlon Coloring Book - http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/files.akl...oloring%20Book
* K-Sketch - http://www.k-sketch.org
* Kolorgenerator - http://www.kolorgenerator.godula.com/
* Kolorowanka (create colouring book) - http://www.english.aionel.net/
*
* Labography - http://axpha.com/labography/review-english/
* LazPaint (+P) - http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazpaint/
*
* MediBang Paint Pro - http://medibangpaint.com/en/
* Metropaint - http://rcpsoft.net/metro-paint/
* Microsoft Expression Design 4 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=36180
* Mosaizer (Mosaics) - http://www.mosaizer.com/
* MT Paint - http://mtpaint.sourceforge.net/
*
* Open Canvas (v1.1) - http://wistinga.online.fr/opencanvas/#downloads
*
* Paint Album - http://www.lujosoft.net/sitemap.html
* Paint.com - www.rw-designer.com/image-editor
* Paint.Net (Get Paint) - http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html
* Paint.Net Plugins (14) - http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/
* PaintBox - http://www.photo-freeware.net/paintbox.php
* Painter 25 - http://jansfreeware.com/
* PaintStar (drawing tools,layers,3D text,morphing) - http://wang.zhenzhou.googlepages.com/
* Paint Studio lite - http://www.photo-freeware.net/paintstudio-lite.php
* Pencil (cartoon) - http://www.les-stooges.org/pascal/pencil/
* Phierha (Editor) - http://www.ne.jp/asahi/mighty/knight/index.html
* PhotoLine (free to use shareware) - http://www.pl32.net/
* Picasion (animated gifs) - http://picasion.com/
* PicPick Tools - http://picpick.wiziple.net/features
* PictBear - http://www.fenrir-inc.com/us/pictbear/
* PicTester (image-text art) - http://www.axiomx.com/free_software.htm
* Pinta - http://pinta-project.com/
* Pixia (hpnf)- Painticle (plug-in) - http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA024811/english.html
* Pixopedia - http://www.sigmapi-design.com/wp/
* Plant Studio - http://www.kurtz-fernhout.com/
* Project Dogwaffle - http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/index.html
* Penny Paint (Spline smoothing) - http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/penny/index.html
*
* RealWorld Paint.com (also portable v) - http://www.rw-designer.com/image-editor
* RW Paint.Com - http://www.rw-designer.com/
*
* Serif Drawplus (reg req) - http://www.serif.com/free-graphic-design-software/
* Simple Paint - http://jdmcox.com/
* Sketchup - http://www.sketchup.com/
* Smoothdraw - http://www.smoothdraw.com/
* Speedy Painter - http://speedypainter.altervista.org/
* StylePix - see Hornil
* SVG-Edit - https://github.com/SVG-Edit/svgedit
* Symmetrisketch - http://www.evilmadscientist.com/2009...with-symmetry/
*
* Tuxpaint (great for kids too) - http://tuxpaint.org/
* Twisted Brush Open Studio - http://www.pixarra.com/product.html
*
* Ultimate Paint 1.91f (LFV) - http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page19.html
* Ultimate Paint Standard LE - http://www.ultimatepaint.com/
*
* Vectr - https://vectr.com/
*
* XFader (texture grabber/stereogram) - http://www.pegtop.de/products/
*
* ZonerDraw - http://www.callisto.cz/

Old August 23rd 17, 11:04 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Peter Jason

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 05:36:12 -0000 (UTC), Blake Snyder
wrote:

I used to have freeware on Windows (or maybe it was on Linux?) that did oil
painting out of a jpeg picture but that also had the choice of fabrics so
that the oil painting looked like it was on canvas instead of an oil
painting that looks like it's on glass or some other smooth surface.

Anyone remember what Windows freeware that was?

"Microsoft Photo Editor" I used in the old Windows ME days. It still
works on Creator. It has texture adjustments.

I use PhotoShop these days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Photo_Editor
http://www.brothersoft.com/microsoft...ad-128651.html

Old August 23rd 17, 11:38 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Mayayana

"Blake Snyder" wrote

| None seem familiar so I'll do some googling of the list below
| to see if any do a textile oil on canvas of a JPEG photograph.

I just came across something recently: Picture
Window Pro. It's recently been made freeware.
The window is primitive looking, but the functionality
is impressive. It comes with lots of "effects" plugins
or filters. I don't see oil paint, but there are others.
That's what you're looking for - a graphic editor
with plugins. Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro both have
them. Once you have a program that accomodates
them you can sometimes add more. I once got some
from a magazine CD that work in PSP.
I haven't really used Picture Window Pro because it
has a glaring gap in functionality: There seems to be
no option co select, copy and use layers, which I do
regularly. It seems to be only a toll for doing various
operations on a single image.

You might also look around for old versions of
Paint Shop Pro. The older versions didn't require
any kind of activation code. I still use PSP5 myself.
I bought it in the late 90s for $100. I bought
PSP16 and Aftershot Pro maybe 2-3 years ago.
But I still use PSP5 for most things because it's
clean, simple, and does nearly everything that
PSP16, or Photoshop for that matter, can do.

This link is a sample:

http://www.oldapps.com/Paint_Shop_Pro.php

PSP5 downloads. It says "ev" so it may not be
the real thing.

You could also try Paint.Net and/or GIMP. But
those are probably overkill for what you want.

Old August 24th 17, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Patrick[_5_]

On 23/08/2017 06:36, Blake Snyder wrote:
I used to have freeware on Windows (or maybe it was on Linux?) that did oil
painting out of a jpeg picture but that also had the choice of fabrics so
that the oil painting looked like it was on canvas instead of an oil
painting that looks like it's on glass or some other smooth surface.

Anyone remember what Windows freeware that was?

'GIMP' is free and runs on Windows, Linux or MAC.
https://www.gimp.org/

Here is a Screenshot of GIMP and what you might be looking for;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86xnwc35eo...00.38.png?dl=0
Old August 24th 17, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Blake Snyder

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 13:30:31 -0700, in news John Corliss wrote:

The program he's talking about sounds a lot like the most excellent
FotoSketcher:

http://fotosketcher.com/

Thanks!

That is EXACTLY concept I want!
http://fotosketcher.com/download-fotosketcher/

Foto Sketcher certainly sounds familiar so I must have used it in the past.
It has the right concept, where I tried the "oil pastel set color" option.
That made it look like an oil painting on strongly grained soft wood and
the "painting 6 oil painting" option, which was again, oil on wood.

Then I realized the "textures" were where it's all at, so I changed to
"texture 2" which is more like a cloth (with horizontal and vertical
threads).

This is exactly the concept!
Thank you!