Poor guy goes out shooting with $2000 system. Look what he got

Old December 16th 19, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Poor guy goes out shooting with $2000 system. Look what he got

On Dec 15, 2019, RichA wrote
(in ):

This made me laugh. Full-sized image for Sony A6500 and kit type zoom:

https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~forums/63421388/7dbbd60cfac140a0806ebeb211212d45

Well he smoothed out any noise.

I am sure that PeterN would have appreciated the artistry.
BTW: Has anybody heard from Peter lately. I just hope his poor health
hasn’t got the better of him.

Savageduck

Old December 16th 19, 03:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 12/15/2019 8:15 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 15, 2019, RichA wrote
(in ):

This made me laugh. Full-sized image for Sony A6500 and kit type zoom:

https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~forums/63421388/7dbbd60cfac140a0806ebeb211212d45

Well he smoothed out any noise.

I am sure that PeterN would have appreciated the artistry.
BTW: Has anybody heard from Peter lately. I just hope his poor health
hasn’t got the better of him.

In this case I'd tend to agree with Carlos:
~~ ~~
"I admire tricks! Some can be fantastic! I just want to know that it is a
trick. If they don't tell me, they are cheating."
--
Cheers, Carlos.
~~ ~~

Yes, I tend to have (and support) an artistic bent in photography, and thus
would not laugh at an artistic rendering.

[OK, I absolutely do not get that "banana on a wall" art thing. ]

--
==
Later...

Old December 16th 19, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 10:18:18 PM UTC-5, Ron C wrote:
[...]

...perhaps Rich can figure us just what the in-camera settings were /s

Yes, I tend to have (and support) an artistic bent in photography,
and thus would not laugh at an artistic rendering.

The more notable shots are typically the ones which find a
different point of view, through one means or another.

So I'll just await Rich's superior prognosis on this one of mine:

http://huntzinger.com/photo/2006/tanzania/sunset-oops-s(20060628-16).jpg

[OK, I absolutely do not get that "banana on a wall" art thing. ]

Performance art is … performance art.

-hh
Old December 17th 19, 03:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 17:15:19 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 15, 2019, RichA wrote
(in ):

This made me laugh. Full-sized image for Sony A6500 and kit type zoom:

https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~forums/63421388/7dbbd60cfac140a0806ebeb211212d45

Well he smoothed out any noise.

I am sure that PeterN would have appreciated the artistry.
BTW: Has anybody heard from Peter lately. I just hope his poor health
hasn’t got the better of him.

I was thinking of asking you that exactly same last question.

Does anyone know?

--

Eric Stevens

There are two classes of people. Those who divide people into
two classes and those who don't. I belong to the second class.
Old December 17th 19, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 16, 2019, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

On Dec 15, 2019, RichA wrote
(in ):

This made me laugh. Full-sized image for Sony A6500 and kit type zoom:

https://1.img-dpreview.com/files/p/E~forums/63421388/7dbbd60cfac140a0806ebeb211212d45

Well he smoothed out any noise.

I am sure that PeterN would have appreciated the artistry.
BTW: Has anybody heard from Peter lately. I just hope his poor health
hasn’t got the better of him.

I was thinking of asking you that exactly same last question.

Does anyone know?

He usually has something to say in r.p.d.. His wife died over a year ago, but
his mobility had been deteriorating, he had been using some sort of handcart
to haul his camera gear around, and the last we heard from him was he was
considering the Nikon “Z-7”, and I was wondering whether, or not he had
followed through on that, and whether, or not he had taken his annual birding
trip down to Sanibel Island in Florida.

I will drop a nosey email to him to see if there is any response.

Savageduck

Old December 17th 19, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

RichA wrote:
-hh wrote:
[…]
The more notable shots are typically the ones which find a
different point of view, through one means or another.
So I'll just await Rich's superior prognosis on this one of mine:
http://huntzinger.com/photo/2006/tanzania/sunset-oops-s(20060628-16).jpg

Pretty clear it was set on some weird art mode.

Nope, you’re over-thinking it.

-hh