Photography is in-part "devolving" into high-end audio-speak, as far as VIDEO is concerned

Old July 2nd 19, 11:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

Default Photography is in-part "devolving" into high-end audio-speak, asfar as VIDEO is concerned

On 2/07/2019 10:32 PM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 1 July 2019 23:58:27 UTC+1, geoff wrote:
On 2/07/2019 12:23 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Do you understand what AM is?

Yeah it comes as the sun rises, then just before lunchtime PM arrives. :-D

Hate to quibble, but AM starts directly after midnight.

So do Night buses, for me AM means mornings, and that starts after I wake up.
The night bus I used to get started about 1am finished about 7am and the first day bus was about 8am.

So somebody who wakes up for a pee at 2AM is when - the previous evening ?

geoff

Do you wake up and 2am and say it's nighttime or do you say it is the morning ?

If someone wrang you up at 2AM would you say don't ring me at that time of night or at that time in the morning. ?

Either equally.

"Don't ring me, it 2 in the morning".

"Good party - I didn't get to bed until 4 in the morning".

geoff

Old July 2nd 19, 05:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 7/2/2019 6:32 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 1 July 2019 23:58:27 UTC+1, geoff wrote:
On 2/07/2019 12:23 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

Do you understand what AM is?

Yeah it comes as the sun rises, then just before lunchtime PM arrives. :-D

Hate to quibble, but AM starts directly after midnight.

So do Night buses, for me AM means mornings, and that starts after I wake up.
The night bus I used to get started about 1am finished about 7am and the first day bus was about 8am.

So somebody who wakes up for a pee at 2AM is when - the previous evening ?

geoff

Do you wake up and 2am and say it's nighttime or do you say it is the morning ?

If someone wrang you up at 2AM would you say don't ring me at that time of night or at that time in the morning. ?

As I see it AM/PM are 90 degrees out of phase{1} with day/night.

{1} Variation with latitude noted.

[YMMV]
--
==
Later...

Old July 3rd 19, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 03:28:32 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 1 July 2019 15:53:05 UTC+1, nospam wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

You might have noticed that this insufferable, somewhat devolved
sub-thread
was related to amplifiers, and radio, not the position of the Sun over
Greenwich. I have been waiting for one of those involved in the
discussion to
educate you with regard to those radio options, FM = Frequency
Modulation,
and AM = Amplitude Modulation

don't forget about ssb (single sideband) and the many variants of
digital

Not forgetting PWM which a lot of mains light dimmers use for LED.

that falls into the 'many variants of digital category'.

It's still a type of modulation and far more common today than Amplitude Modulation.

Plus it can and does cause interference.

Yep. Those damned square corners are the problem.

Eric Stevens
Old July 6th 19, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-07-01 21:15, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 09:49:22 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2019-06-30 20:25, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 10:25:30 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

You obviously think you have proved something. What is it?

You did all the proving. Don't sweat it.

OK. You want to play the superior. FYI I was building transmitters,
receivers and amps from more than 70 years ago.

BFD. I had technicians from that era attempting to observe GPS signal
in the correct part of the spectrum on a spectrum analyzer (late 80's ish).

Which is, of course, impossible.

They wouldn't believe it wasn't possible.

They wouldn't listen to the facts until after they saw it couldn't be done.

--
"Even with the brain dead, the pig's heart keeps on beating...
sort of like ... pick a Kardashian."
Old July 7th 19, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

You obviously think you have proved something. What is it?

You did all the proving. Don't sweat it.

OK. You want to play the superior. FYI I was building transmitters,
receivers and amps from more than 70 years ago.

BFD. I had technicians from that era attempting to observe GPS signal
in the correct part of the spectrum on a spectrum analyzer (late 80's ish).

Which is, of course, impossible.

They wouldn't believe it wasn't possible.

They wouldn't listen to the facts until after they saw it couldn't be done.

I guess that's one way of learning.
Old July 8th 19, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Whisky-dave wrote:

You might have noticed that this insufferable, somewhat devolved
sub-thread
was related to amplifiers, and radio, not the position of the Sun over
Greenwich. I have been waiting for one of those involved in the
discussion to
educate you with regard to those radio options, FM = Frequency
Modulation,
and AM = Amplitude Modulation

don't forget about ssb (single sideband) and the many variants of
digital

Not forgetting PWM which a lot of mains light dimmers use for LED.

that falls into the 'many variants of digital category'.

It's still a type of modulation and far more common today than Amplitude Modulation.

Plus it can and does cause interference.

Yep. Those damned square corners are the problem.

Too bloody right why doesn't someone invent round corners :-)

When dealing with square aves the fundamental instruction is Sin no
more. Whe asked why, the answer is Cos.
Old July 8th 19, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
geoff

On 8/07/2019 11:42 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

When dealing with square aves the fundamental instruction is Sin no
more. Whe asked why, the answer is Cos.

Why Cos ? Just cos.

geoff
Old July 8th 19, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
gray_wolf

On 7/8/2019 4:30 PM, geoff wrote:
On 8/07/2019 11:42 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

When dealing with square waves the fundamental instruction is Sin no
more. When asked why, the answer is Cos.

Why Cos ? Just cos.

geoff

Is this thread going off on a tan ?
Old July 9th 19, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

swell I don't know any square aves, or square daves or raves, once my nickname was wavy dave thought.

the fundamental instruction is Sin no more.

Sounds a rather boring instruction.

Th'res nothing quite like a good Sin to keep the blood flowing

Especially with a Cosec in the Cot.

Whe asked why, the answer is Cos.

I'll Log that in my diary.