RECORD EXPOSURE

Old May 5th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default RECORD EXPOSURE

Hi everybody!

Can anyone explain me what a "record exposure" is??
It's very important!!
Thanks very much in advance.

Angela

Old May 5th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Angy wrote:
Hi everybody!

Can anyone explain me what a "record exposure" is??
It's very important!!
Thanks very much in advance.

Angela

I never heard of it (as a noun) and I have been interested in photography
since 1973 or so.

As a verb, it is sometimes useful to record the exposure you used to make a
photograph, but not the usual stuff found in photography magazines; e.g.,
f/8 @ 1/60 second. That is useless. A useful exposure record, such as one of
the pages in Ansel Adams book (probably no longer available) would include a
drawing of the subject, with the zones marked out, the film and developer
used, and the exposure given. If you do that, it can benefit you (but
probably no on else) to get better exposures in future shots.

^^-^^ 06:20:01 up 24 days, 19:47, 3 users, load average: 4.15, 4.17, 4.09
Old May 5th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Angy" wrote in message

Can anyone explain me what a "record exposure" is??

An picture meant to record what was going on: a well exposed
picture at normal settings before any zones/tilts/arty-farts
are applied. A picture of a studio or field set up: camera
location, lights, etc. etc.. A print without any dodging
or burning done on #2 paper.

It's very important!!

???? - of all the things that can be important...