Fuji. So now interchangeable lenses are "luxury?"

Old July 6th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

Default Fuji. So now interchangeable lenses are "luxury?"

On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
Pie in the sky, Fuji. Talk is cheap.

Reuters:

Fujifilm aims to be world No. 3 in cameras
Mon, Jul 4 2011

By Isabel Reynolds and Reiji Murai

OMIYA, Japan (Reuters) - Japan's Fujifilm aims to become the world's
fourth largest camera maker by next March and the No. 3 manufacturer
two years later, overtaking first rival Samsung and then Nikon, a
senior company executive said.

Until recently best known for inexpensive models, Fujifilm may also re-
enter the more lucrative interchangeable lens camera market from which
it withdrew in 2004, Takeshi Higuchi, head of the company's camera
division, said in an interview with Reuters on Monday.

The launch of a mirrorless camera, which has an electronic viewfinder,
making it lighter and more compact than a professional-style single-
lens reflex camera, would be an extension of Fujifilm's effort to move
upmarket and would put it in direct competition with Sony.

Earlier this year it launched the Finepix X100 high-end compact, which
is made in Japan and sells for about 120,000 yen ($1,480).

Higuchi insisted the company would have no problems developing a
mirrorless camera or the required lenses by itself, denying the
possibility of another acquisition in the industry.

Last week copier and printer maker Ricoh, which also has a compact
camera division, announced it was buying the Pentax camera business
from Hoya.

Fujifilm, which makes a wide range of products from medical equipment
to cosmetics, barely broke even on cameras last year, but Higuchi
plans to pull the business firmly into the black this year with
production cost cuts and a marketing push that he says will keep unit
prices higher.

"We can do all the important development in-house, so we can use that
to cut costs, but we don't have a very high-profile brand," Higuchi
said. "We have debated why that is and the upshot was we should put
out luxury models and spend more on publicity to build up the brand."

In digital still camera unit sales, Fujifilm says it is currently in
fifth position behind Canon, Sony, Nikon and Samsung, but adds it is
confident that its plan to boost sales 25 percent to 14 million units
this financial year will gain it the No. 4 spot.

Apart from the Finepix X100, all the company's camera production is
concentrated in China, but Fujifilm is planning to spread risk by
starting some production in southeast Asia, said Higuchi, adding that
Thailand looked promising.

"We do feel a risk in China in terms of wages and the high staff
turnover," Higuchi said. "We will seek a production site outside
China," he added.

A decision will be made on the location by the end of the financial
year, he said. The firm is also conducting feasibility studies in
Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines. Current production levels in
China will be maintained, he said.

($1 = 80.835 Japanese Yen)

(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds and Reiji Murai; Editing by Edwina
Gibbs)

That's actually an intelligible report. I am of course talking about the
part after your comment. Did you plagiarizer it/

Your failure to provide quotes and a link to the original is dully noted.

--
Peter
Old July 6th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:58:55 -0400, PeterN
wrote:
: On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
: Pie in the sky, Fuji. Talk is cheap.
:
: Reuters:
:
[...]

Am I missing something? He said it was from Reuters and included their
dateline and the authors' and editor's names. Isn't that enough?

Bob
Old July 6th 11, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
irwell

On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

He does state the report is from Reuters and provides the date
and the authors, what more do you want?
Old July 6th 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

wrote:
: On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

when quoting all or part of an article I use quotation marks. I also
supply a link so the reader can see everything in context.

--
Peter
Old July 6th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

See my response to Bob Coe.

--
Peter
Old July 6th 11, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 7/6/2011 12:33 PM, RichA wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:58 am, wrote:
On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:

[...]

Sorry to make you expend any energy by looking it up on the Reuters
site.

Not all of us have the amount of time to waste that you seem to have.

--
Peter
Old July 6th 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 7/6/2011 1:20 PM, John A. wrote:

wrote:
: On 7/5/2011 7:47 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

Is that according to the Usenet manual of style?

An uncommon thing" Common courtesy and manners.

--
Peter
Old July 6th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Jul 6, 9:58 am, wrote:

[...]

For ****'s sake you haave wasted five posts on this
topic, be a man and admit you are wrong.
Old July 6th 11, 09:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:58:55 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

---- snip -----

Your failure to provide quotes and a link to the original is dully noted.

See http://tinyurl.com/4a2b

Google seems to give many choices.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old July 6th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 13:20:45 -0400, John A.
wrote:

--- snip ---

when quoting all or part of an article I use quotation marks. I also
supply a link so the reader can see everything in context.

Is that according to the Usenet manual of style?

Yes

Regards,

Eric Stevens