Add-ons for digicams?

Old June 28th 04, 01:18 PM
Charlie Self

Default Add-ons for digicams?

Scott Hillard responds:

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
. com...

ADVICE: Lose the Canon. Did you know that add on lens extenders
severely degrade image quality? Now imagine what one of those things
would do to an already ****ty camera? Buy yourself a Sigma SD10 and
you can use whatever lenses you want on there. Here is another thread
where I explain why Sigma is light years ahead of Canon:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B255549A8

So what extension at Sigma can we reach you on?

I'd guess he works for the competition, somewhere. He sure doesn't do Sigma or
Foveon any good. In fact, he harms them severely.

Charlie Self
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from
man."
H. L. Mencken

Old June 29th 04, 11:47 PM
Chris

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...
ADVICE: Lose the Canon. Did you know that add on lens extenders
severely degrade image quality? Now imagine what one of those things
would do to an already ****ty camera? Buy yourself a Sigma SD10 and
you can use whatever lenses you want on there. Here is another thread
where I explain why Sigma is light years ahead of Canon:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B255549A8

Are you claiming that Canon's camera is "****ty"?

Comparing an SLR to a P&S, and you're sure you're instructing photography
courses in a University?

It seems that you either are misrepresenting yourself, academically, or you
are grossly deficient in your job requirements.

They're not the same kind of camera, but to call the professionally weaker
camera "****ty", verses a genuine SLR camera "professional" camera, is rude,
unfair, and fully rhetorical. If you're going to be offering camera advice,
maybe you should get some first, before the next question.

You claimed elsewhere that you favor Sigma, which makes your opinion biased,
but to compare the SD10 against an underpowered non-SLR, you make it look as
though Sigma's camera can't review alongside a fairly similar camera. In
doing so, you risk giving Sigma a bad name, and jeopardize your own
credibility.

Old June 30th 04, 04:53 AM
Gymmy Bob

Why would any intelligent person want a mirror to shake the camera at the
last minute when taking pictures?

Almost all digital cameras are through the lens viewing so why don't people
take their obsolete SLR technology, left over from the wound spring watch
days and stop crossposting their ignorance to a digital camera site?

WFT cares about SLR technology in this day and age?

.. .

Old June 30th 04, 07:11 AM
Skip M

Your overall ignorance is breathtaking. Since there are digital SLRs
(really, there are!) posts about them are germane to this group.
Maybe almost all digital cameras have through the lens viewing, but the
point and shoots do it with a low res, or relatively low res LCD, not a
prism.
The images obtainable with those SLRs with their wound spring watch
technology, are still superior to anything the smaller sensored point and
shoots will produce. If you don't believe me, check comparisons between the
Sony 8mp camera and the 8 mp Canon 1D mkII. Not much of a contest.
And to answer your question, a lot of photographers who are serious about it
care about SLR technology in this day and age. (You did mean WFT, not WTF,
didn't you?)

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
"Gymmy Bob" wrote in message
Why would any intelligent person want a mirror to shake the camera at the
last minute when taking pictures?

Almost all digital cameras are through the lens viewing so why don't

people
take their obsolete SLR technology, left over from the wound spring watch
days and stop crossposting their ignorance to a digital camera site?

WFT cares about SLR technology in this day and age?

.. .

Old June 30th 04, 05:42 PM
Steve Hix

In article ,
"Gymmy Bob" wrote:

Why would any intelligent person want a mirror to shake the camera at the
last minute when taking pictures?

Almost all digital cameras are through the lens viewing so why don't people
take their obsolete SLR technology, left over from the wound spring watch
days and stop crossposting their ignorance to a digital camera site?

WFT cares about SLR technology in this day and age?

People interested in optimizing their imaging?
Old June 30th 04, 06:18 PM
Chris

"Gymmy Bob" wrote in message
Why would any intelligent person want a mirror to shake the camera at the
last minute when taking pictures?

Almost all digital cameras are through the lens viewing so why don't

people
take their obsolete SLR technology, left over from the wound spring watch
days and stop crossposting their ignorance to a digital camera site?

WFT cares about SLR technology in this day and age?

If nobody cares, why are Digital SLRs being made? Who would buy them?

You're so dense.

Old June 30th 04, 06:56 PM
Frank ess

Chris wrote:
"Gymmy Bob" wrote in message
Why would any intelligent person ...

snip

You're so dense.

Me, too: I can't figure out what this little bit of language adds to the
conversation.

Old July 1st 04, 12:12 AM
Skip M

Maybe I'm becoming troll sensitized, but that, to me, didn't have the ring
of irony to it. If it were, indeed, meant ironically, then I apologize for
my rant.