How to annotate screenshot using iPhoto freeware (three basic tasks)

Old March 28th 14, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Savageduck[_3_]

Default How to annotate screenshot using iPhoto freeware (three basic tasks)

On 2014-03-28 20:35:54 +0000, Alina Popescu said:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:25:56 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote:

I usually move them to my laptop where I have more options.

Actually, my big problem is I don't know how to easily
move my photos from the iPad over to my Windows 7 machine.

So, I'm pretty much stuck with annotating my photos and
screenshots on the iPad itself because I can't get them
off the iPad easily.

If you know of freeware to get photos and screenshots OFF
the iPad onto Windows or Linux, that would be helpful.

Two solutions would be Dropbox and/or Photo Transfer App.
http://www.phototransferapp.com

Savageduck

Old March 29th 14, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Alina Popescu

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:33:07 -0000, Tommy wrote:

send the jpgs to yourself :-)

That is what I've been doing, mailing them to myself.
But that stinks. That's why an app to get the images
and videos from the iPad to the PC would be useful.

If only there was a USB port.

The alternative is to install iTunes on your laptop ??

The first time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I was mad.
The second time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I cursed like a sailor.
The third time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I gave up ever using it.

Never again will iTunes ever be installed by me.
It's that bad of a program.
Old March 29th 14, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Alina Popescu

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:31:13 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Two solutions would be Dropbox and/or Photo Transfer App.

I can't imagine that I need to put all my personal files on
the net just to move them from an iPad two inches over to
a PC.

But I will check out this Photo Transfer App & let
you know how it works out.
Old March 29th 14, 12:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Zaidy036

On 3/28/2014 4:35 PM, Alina Popescu wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:25:56 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote:

I usually move them to my laptop where I have more options.

Actually, my big problem is I don't know how to easily
move my photos from the iPad over to my Windows 7 machine.

So, I'm pretty much stuck with annotating my photos and
screenshots on the iPad itself because I can't get them
off the iPad easily.

If you know of freeware to get photos and screenshots OFF
the iPad onto Windows or Linux, that would be helpful.

MailMyPhoto

search in iStore "photo transfer" - many free
Old March 29th 14, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
dorayme[_3_]

In article ,
Alina Popescu wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:33:07 -0000, Tommy wrote:

send the jpgs to yourself :-)

That is what I've been doing, mailing them to myself.
But that stinks. That's why an app to get the images
and videos from the iPad to the PC would be useful.

If only there was a USB port.

The alternative is to install iTunes on your laptop ??

The first time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I was mad.
The second time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I cursed like a sailor.
The third time iTunes wiped out my iPod, I gave up ever using it.

Never again will iTunes ever be installed by me.
It's that bad of a program.

It is a nasty overblown unashamedly money-minded piece of work. But it
seems sort of needed for quite a few things.

--
dorayme
Old March 29th 14, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Alina Popescu

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 21:55:00 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote:

I just downloaded it to play with later 8-).
Sometimes it's useful to edit on the iPad.

I just belatedly realized that Skitch adds a
Huge Skitch logo to the bottom right of the
annotated screenshot.

So, while Skitch works fine, it's useless if
you want a professional result. It's fine for
sending something annotated to your mom though.

So, that drops it a point or two in the ratings.
I'd give it a 3 out of five or a 7 out of ten.

Of course, you can always remove that Skitch
logo with, say, iPhoto ...
Old March 29th 14, 01:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Alina Popescu

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:31:13 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Two solutions would be Dropbox and/or Photo Transfer App.
http://www.phototransferapp.com

Nobody likes the idea of putting their family photos on
the net, so Dropbox is out of the question.

Photo Transfer App seems to be payware, so, it's not a
good first choice.

However, in running the search for Photo Transfer App
in the App Store, I see there /are/ freeware alternatives
such as "Simple Transfer - Wireless Photo & Video Backup
Sync and Share, by Rambax LLC", and "WiFi Photo Transfer
b Voxeloid Kft." and "bluetooth and WiFi App Box Free by
rise uP! Labs", etc.

I wonder though. Why can't I just connect the USB cord to
the Windows PC and transfer the photos like I would from
a USB thumb drive?
Old March 29th 14, 01:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Zaidy036

On 3/28/2014 9:36 PM, Alina Popescu wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:31:13 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Two solutions would be Dropbox and/or Photo Transfer App.
http://www.phototransferapp.com

Nobody likes the idea of putting their family photos on
the net, so Dropbox is out of the question.

Photo Transfer App seems to be payware, so, it's not a
good first choice.

However, in running the search for Photo Transfer App
in the App Store, I see there /are/ freeware alternatives
such as "Simple Transfer - Wireless Photo & Video Backup
Sync and Share, by Rambax LLC", and "WiFi Photo Transfer
b Voxeloid Kft." and "bluetooth and WiFi App Box Free by
rise uP! Labs", etc.

I wonder though. Why can't I just connect the USB cord to
the Windows PC and transfer the photos like I would from
a USB thumb drive?

Connect an iDevice using its power/sync cord and you will see it in
Windows Explorer and canact on the pics
Old March 29th 14, 03:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-03-29 01:36:14 +0000, Alina Popescu said:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:31:13 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

Two solutions would be Dropbox and/or Photo Transfer App.
http://www.phototransferapp.com

Nobody likes the idea of putting their family photos on
the net, so Dropbox is out of the question.

Why? Dropbox and some of the other cloud services, including iCloud and
photo streaming, all provide reasonable service, and if you don't use
the *public* folders as a way to share your images, they are still
available for transfer between iOS/Android devices and desktop/laptop.

Photo Transfer App seems to be payware, so, it's not a
good first choice.

Many times you end up having to pay for decent software, particularly
when freeware doesn't deliver what some of the features of the pay apps.
If you always insist on freeware what you get is typically worth what
you paid for it.

However, in running the search for Photo Transfer App
in the App Store, I see there /are/ freeware alternatives
such as "Simple Transfer - Wireless Photo & Video Backup
Sync and Share, by Rambax LLC", and "WiFi Photo Transfer
b Voxeloid Kft." and "bluetooth and WiFi App Box Free by
rise uP! Labs", etc.

Give them a try, something there might do all you need.

The $2.99 Photo Manager Pro is another option, which also provides some
password protection for your image files.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phot...393858562?mt=8
http://www.linkusnow.com/photomanager/index.php

I wonder though. Why can't I just connect the USB cord to
the Windows PC and transfer the photos like I would from
a USB thumb drive?

Welcome to the World of iOS devices. Someday, maybe.

Savageduck

Old March 29th 14, 08:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware
~BD~

Alina Popescu wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:25:56 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote:

I usually move them to my laptop where I have more options.

Actually, my big problem is I don't know how to easily
move my photos from the iPad over to my Windows 7 machine.

So, I'm pretty much stuck with annotating my photos and
screenshots on the iPad itself because I can't get them
off the iPad easily.

If you know of freeware to get photos and screenshots OFF
the iPad onto Windows or Linux, that would be helpful.

Hello Alina

There's an Apple facility which does *exactly* what you want!

*I* use it! :-)

Details he http://www.apple.com/icloud/

Try it - *you* might like it too!

-