*HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

Old March 3rd 04, 08:19 PM
Jules

Default *HELP* Pentax 645 (Cant Get Manual Mode)

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Pentax 645 camera body only, I also
purchased a AF lens (SMC Pentax-FA 75mm f2.8) from another source.

I cannot get manual mode whilst shooting (I take the lens off its A
setting of course).

When I press the mode button and press up and down (with the lens off
A) it still
reads (Auto 125, Auto f5.6, Auto P).

I have taken the lens off and tried again still with these results.

Is my new camera broken?

*HELP* Please Anybody
Old March 4th 04, 09:53 AM
Jules

Hi,

This is with film in, without film in It drops to m1000 but when i
press the mode button I can only select Auto modes!

Its as if the camera thinks the Lens is still on A.

Thanks in advance Julian
Old March 31st 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Nervous5150

Did you get the 645 or the 645N body? the -N body is for the
autofocus lenses.. the standard 645 body is man focus only...