A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New Nikon FF Mirrorless?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 14th 18, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,854
Default New Nikon FF Mirrorless?

Sony thinks so, but what do they know? They are just making sensors and
other components for Nikon and that stuff is really to get off the
shelf with a weeks notice:

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/03/13/sony-executive-predicts-that-nikon-will-release-a-new-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-in-the-next-12-months.aspx/

--
teleportation kills

  #2  
Old March 15th 18, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,854
Default New Nikon FF Mirrorless?

On 2018-03-15 02:06:50 +0000, RichA said:

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 02:43:52 UTC-4, android wrote:
Sony thinks so, but what do they know? They are just making sensors and
other components for Nikon and that stuff is really to get off the
shelf with a weeks notice:

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/03/13/sony-executive-predicts-that-nikon-will-release-a-new-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-in-the-next-12-months.aspx/


--
teleportation kills


Not much of a prediction. 12 months in electronic years is a long time.


Well, like dog years? The thing is that if a MILC from Nikon is to hit
the market within a year then it should more or less ready hardware
vise now, with know components and Sony is Nikons pusher man. Sony
would know...
--
teleportation kills

  #3  
Old March 17th 18, 12:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,068
Default New Nikon FF Mirrorless?

On 17/03/2018 06:46, RichA wrote:
[]
Sony, Nikon and Canon plan to concentrate (if the latter two ever get off their a--) on FF mirrorless to the exclusion of any other sensor size. Is there no one out there who objects to having to carry HULKING lenses to do the job lenses sometimes weighing 1/2 as much can do on a smaller-sensor camera? Are all shooters aging old geezers who think a semi-ridiculous 3:2 format that originated on silent film projectors in 1909 is cutting-edge?


I voted with my feet for MFT as being a good enough quality for my
purposes. No need for bulky and heavy any more. I'm happy with 4:3
aspect ratio, although others prefer 16:9. It's easy to switch in any case.

--
Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
  #4  
Old March 17th 18, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,854
Default New Nikon FF Mirrorless?

On 2018-03-17 06:46:42 +0000, RichA said:

On Thursday, 15 March 2018 01:19:14 UTC-4, android wrote:
On 2018-03-15 02:06:50 +0000, RichA said:

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 02:43:52 UTC-4, android wrote:
Sony thinks so, but what do they know? They are just making sensors and
other components for Nikon and that stuff is really to get off the
shelf with a weeks notice:

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/03/13/sony-executive-predicts-that-nikon-will-release-a-new-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-in-the-next-12-months.aspx/
--
teleportation kills

Not much of a prediction. 12 months in electronic years is a long time.


Well, like dog years? The thing is that if a MILC from Nikon is to hit
the market within a year then it should more or less ready hardware
vise now, with know components and Sony is Nikons pusher man. Sony
would know...
--
teleportation kills


Sony, Nikon and Canon plan to concentrate (if the latter two ever get
off their a--) on FF mirrorless to the exclusion of any other sensor
size. Is there no one out there who objects to having to carry HULKING
lenses to do the job lenses sometimes weighing 1/2 as much can do on a
smaller-sensor camera? Are all shooters aging old geezers who think a
semi-ridiculous 3:2 format that originated on silent film projectors in
1909 is cutting-edge?


You can crop to 4:3 in post if you like and get sharper corners. The
fact is that most pro photography this day is taken in landscape
formats and is then trimmed on the sides to that that the editor seem
fit! The file is supposed to be good from side to side of course... The
look of FF has way more sing than those of mFT, BTW. A used Sony a7ii
hot glued a Sigma MC11 would make a nice FF mirrorless for Canon
lenses, should Canon decide not to make one.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/mount-converter-mc-11
--
teleportation kills

  #5  
Old March 18th 18, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,854
Default New Nikon FF Mirrorless?

On 2018-03-18 05:35:55 +0000, RichA said:

On Saturday, 17 March 2018 14:27:26 UTC-4, android wrote:
On 2018-03-17 06:46:42 +0000, RichA said:

On Thursday, 15 March 2018 01:19:14 UTC-4, android wrote:
On 2018-03-15 02:06:50 +0000, RichA said:

On Wednesday, 14 March 2018 02:43:52 UTC-4, android wrote:
Sony thinks so, but what do they know? They are just making sensors and
other components for Nikon and that stuff is really to get off the
shelf with a weeks notice:

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/03/13/sony-executive-predicts-that-nikon-will-release-a-new-full-frame-mirrorless-camera-in-the-next-12-months.aspx/
--
teleportation kills

Not much of a prediction. 12 months in electronic years is a long time.

Well, like dog years? The thing is that if a MILC from Nikon is to
hit the market within a year then it should more or less ready
hardware vise now, with know components and Sony is Nikons pusher
man. Sony would know...
--
teleportation kills

Sony, Nikon and Canon plan to concentrate (if the latter two ever get
off their a--) on FF mirrorless to the exclusion of any other sensor
size. Is there no one out there who objects to having to carry
HULKING lenses to do the job lenses sometimes weighing 1/2 as much
can do on a smaller-sensor camera? Are all shooters aging old
geezers who think a semi-ridiculous 3:2 format that originated on
silent film projectors in 1909 is cutting-edge?


You can crop to 4:3 in post if you like and get sharper corners. The
fact is that most pro photography this day is taken in landscape
formats and is then trimmed on the sides to that that the editor seem
fit! The file is supposed to be good from side to side of course...
The look of FF has way more sing than those of mFT, BTW. A used Sony
a7ii hot glued a Sigma MC11 would make a nice FF mirrorless for Canon
lenses, should Canon decide not to make one.

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/mount-converter-mc-11
--
teleportation kills


No, you will never quite match the look of FF because of all the things
that came from film, the less need there is to enlarge, the better, but
at some point, depending on what you do, you have to say, good enough.


Sure, but the a7 is a rather compact camera. With a adapter it would be
a good complement to my 1D2, that stays... The EOS M stays too since I
can have it and three lenses in my messenger bag without even noticing
it or in me coat pocket with an Fed OVF and the 22/2.0 as a compact.
This Canon gear can be had for next to nothing on the used market,
BTW...

If not, soon you'll be scanning 8x10 negatives.


I wish...
--
teleportation kills

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Nikon Mirrorless - DL Eric Stevens Digital Photography 7 April 13th 16 05:31 PM
Canon, Nikon mirrorless = Disney and FOX on DVD Neil Harrington[_6_] Digital SLR Cameras 0 September 15th 11 09:42 PM
Nikon, Canon at a disadvantage for mirrorless Rich[_6_] Digital Photography 7 July 6th 11 12:49 PM
Nikon, Canon at a disadvantage for mirrorless Robert Coe Digital SLR Cameras 0 July 6th 11 12:49 PM
Nikon to go mirrorless Neil Harrington[_5_] Digital Photography 1 July 22nd 10 05:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.