Leica virgin...

Old October 13th 04, 07:15 PM
jimkramer

"Stephen H. Westin" wrote in message
Dallas writes:

snip

It didn't need one. Apparently the previous owner didn't believe it was
for taking pictures with, so it has probably never seen a roll of film

in
it's 20 year lifespan. The person he left it to in his will apparently
doesn't care for photography or for looking up the value of the things

he
was heir to either.

I got a Leica M4 with 35mm Elmarit f/2.8 and a 180mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R

for
the princely sum of around $375. The camera has a light scratch on top
of the pentaprism and the leather case has a bit of wear. Other than

that
it looks and works as if it was brand new.

Um, an M4 doesn't have a pentaprism. It's a rangefinder camera,
y'know. And isn't 180 a bit long to focus with a rangefinder? Did you
mean to type "R4" instead?

--
-Stephen H. Westin

He actually meant "Leeca"; you know, that famous Yugoslavian knock-off of
Leica.

I am now patiently waiting to hear about how Nikon is horrible as a camera
manufacturer and how everything he's ever owned from Nikon was crap. Welcome
to the camera of the quarter year club.

Jim Kramer

Old October 13th 04, 09:00 PM
Dallas

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:15:57 -0400, jimkramer had this to say:

He actually meant "Leeca"; you know, that famous Yugoslavian knock-off of
Leica.

I am now patiently waiting to hear about how Nikon is horrible as a camera
manufacturer and how everything he's ever owned from Nikon was crap.
Welcome to the camera of the quarter year club.

Look! Leica envy and I haven't even taken a photograph with it yet!

--
DD™
I am now a Leica owner. All you peasants should curtsy.

Old October 13th 04, 09:15 PM
Brian C. Baird

In article pan.2004.10.13.20.00.51.497000@realphoto, dallas2
@pingmefirst.co.za says...
Look! Leica envy and I haven't even taken a photograph with it yet!

Don't be silly. No one actually takes pictures with a Leica.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Old October 14th 04, 01:42 AM
jimkramer

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.13.20.00.51.497000@realphoto...
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:15:57 -0400, jimkramer had this to say:

He actually meant "Leeca"; you know, that famous Yugoslavian knock-off

of
Leica.

I am now patiently waiting to hear about how Nikon is horrible as a

camera
manufacturer and how everything he's ever owned from Nikon was crap.
Welcome to the camera of the quarter year club.

Look! Leica envy and I haven't even taken a photograph with it yet!

--
DD™
I am now a Leica owner. All you peasants should curtsy.

I don't know how to curtsy, but I'll happily tap you on the head with your
new Leica in the hopes of imparting some sense to the old brain pan.

Lieca envy, that's "rich"; LOL

Jim Kramer

Old October 14th 04, 01:54 AM
Mark M

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.13.14.56.58.367000@realphoto...
On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:29:25 -0700, Mark M had this to say:

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.12.19.18.00.938000@realphoto...
...not me.

Not anymore!

They're for taking pictures, Dallas... ...Not for doing THAT with, for
crying out loud! For shame!

I hope you'll at least give it a good cleaning...

It didn't need one. Apparently the previous owner didn't believe it was
for taking pictures with, so it has probably never seen a roll of film in
it's 20 year lifespan.

Oops.
My post was humorous-only regarding a need for cleaning...
-I'm not gonna explain it though...

The person he left it to in his will apparently
doesn't care for photography or for looking up the value of the things he
was heir to either.

I got a Leica M4 with 35mm Elmarit f/2.8 and a 180mm f/3.4 APO-Telyt-R for
the princely sum of around $375. The camera has a light scratch on top
of the pentaprism and the leather case has a bit of wear. Other than that
it looks and works as if it was brand new.

I didn't think range finders had a pentaprism...

Old October 14th 04, 01:56 AM
Mark M

"Dallas" wrote in message
newsan.2004.10.13.20.00.51.497000@realphoto...
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:15:57 -0400, jimkramer had this to say:

He actually meant "Leeca"; you know, that famous Yugoslavian knock-off

of
Leica.

I am now patiently waiting to hear about how Nikon is horrible as a

camera
manufacturer and how everything he's ever owned from Nikon was crap.
Welcome to the camera of the quarter year club.

Look! Leica envy and I haven't even taken a photograph with it yet!

That wasn't Leica envy, you less-than-perceptive-gentleman (wasn't that a
nice way to put it??).
It was commentary on your frequent tendencies...