used canon

Old October 12th 04, 03:58 PM
ROBMURR

Eye control is too much of a gimmick
for me to ever want. The Rebel Ti (not
sure what is called in europe) has faster
winding, better focusing and a much
better viewfinder with red dots showing
which focus point you selected.
They are also cheap now. You can adjust
the viewfinder to your eyesight and it has
a huge LCD on the back that makes settings so much easier to see for me.
I use the Rebel Ti but have owned most
EOS cameras up to the EOS1.
Old October 12th 04, 06:17 PM
ROBMURR

Default used canon

So, would you suggest me to go for a rebel Ti? this is still very
interesting, I'll try to find the european code for this one and chack it
out.

I cant decide which for you. Go to the photo store and handle them
and see what fits. For me the Rebel Ti had enough features to do
what I needed. It uses the same batteries as your current camera
also so no 2 different types to buy.

Old October 12th 04, 08:49 PM
William Graham

"Dps" servis*REMOVE wrote in message
If I was to have 2 bodies, I like them to
be the same model. That way I dont have
to relearn what custom function on what
body does what. You have an EOS 300
which is a decent camera unless you
need some feature it lacks pick up
another one, they are very cheap now.

I can't say you do not have a point... but I would like to test some
features such as eye control, faster winding and better focusing....

Another advantage of two identical bodies, is it gives you the ability to
take stereo pictures or slides. You mount them both on the same rail, side
by side, and trigger the shutters together from the same button.....The only
problem is that you will have to buy two identical lenses, but most stereo
slides are taken with standard 50 mm lenses, and they are relatively cheap.
Doing this (stereo) is a lot of fun......

Old October 12th 04, 11:40 PM
Skip M

http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
"ROBMURR" wrote in message
Eye control is too much of a gimmick
for me to ever want. The Rebel Ti (not
sure what is called in europe) has faster
winding, better focusing and a much
better viewfinder with red dots showing
which focus point you selected.
They are also cheap now. You can adjust
the viewfinder to your eyesight and it has
a huge LCD on the back that makes settings so much easier to see for me.
I use the Rebel Ti but have owned most
EOS cameras up to the EOS1.

The EOS5/A2E has illuminated focus points, but, at least the A2E, doesn't
have any diopteric adjustment, probably due to the Eye Control Focus. The
A2 does have that feature, which is why I speculate that it's due to ECF.
The A2/EOS5 is a more capable camera than the Rebel Ti, and not much more
expensive, now.
There's a whole bunch of cameras that cam out after the EOS1, y'know! G

--
Skip Middleton

Old October 13th 04, 08:51 PM
Deathwalker

Get the 30v.

dimitris

P.S.: I now wish someone could tell me "buy this" and put an end to it...
;-)

Old October 14th 04, 10:51 AM
Dps

Get the 30v.

Do you read minds? Do you tell the future? Will I get famous? Will I get
rich? Don't know, but just yesterday I made my mind on the 30v!!!

Thanks for your thoughts,

regards,

Dimitris

Old October 14th 04, 07:03 PM
Mr Jessop

"Dps" servis*REMOVE wrote in message
Get the 30v.

Do you read minds? Do you tell the future? Will I get famous? Will I get
rich? Don't know, but just yesterday I made my mind on the 30v!!!

Thanks for your thoughts,

regards,

Dimitris

Its one hell of a camera can do now what the eos 5 did but is supposedly in
a lower category. an eos 3 or 1 would be overkill the 300v is a bit cheap
an plasticky but performs well enough. You get that bit more of a rugged
construction, faster continuous shooting and more control over focus and
metering modes, just right. I have a 50e myself.