Reflecta slide frames Agfa CS system

Old October 23rd 05, 11:56 PM
Peter (the non-dig chap) Peter (the non-dig chap) is offline
Junior Member

Default Reflecta slide frames Agfa CS system

Does anybody know where I can get above slide mounts in the UK?
Old October 24th 05, 02:39 PM
Tony Polson

Peter (the non-dig chap)
wrote:

Does anybody know where I can get above slide mounts in the UK?

Hi Peter,

Most UK sources of slide mounts tend to stock only GePe. I have only
once seen Reflecta mounts, and that was in a photo store that has long
since closed. Jessops has a wide range from GePe, Hama, Kenro and
their own Jessops brand, but no Reflecta. The Kenro mounts appear
good value at £6.22/100.

However, you should be able to order Reflecta mounts from a local
photo store that stocks Reflecta projectors. Reflecta products are
distributed in the UK solely by:

Swains International PLC
Eastland House,
Westgate
Hunstanton
Norfolk
United Kingdom
PE36 5EW

Tel: 0845 450 4242
Fax: 0800 652 9100
email:
http://www.swains.co.uk/

Swains will only sell to photo stores but a quick phone call or email
to Swains should elicit details of a stockist in your area.

Old October 24th 05, 10:14 PM
Peter (the non-dig chap) Peter (the non-dig chap) is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Polson
Peter (the non-dig chap)
wrote:

[...]

Hi Tony, thank you very much for your long reply. I have since found out that Jessops stocks its own "CS compatible" ones which I bought today. An independent camera shop in Swindon (Great Western Cameras) told me that the distributor (which must be Swains) of the original Reflecta slides has stopped importing them for some reason.
Peter

Last edited by Peter (the non-dig chap) : October 24th 05 at 10:16 PM.
Old October 25th 05, 10:33 AM
Tony Polson

Peter (the non-dig chap)
wrote:

Hi Tony, thank you very much for your long reply.

You're welcome.

I have since found
out that Jessops stocks its own "CS compatible" ones which I bought
today. An independent camera shop in Swindon (Great Western Cameras)
told me that the distributor (which must be Swains) of the original
Reflecta slides has stopped importing them for some reason.

Gossip from camera store salesmen should be treated with caution. Why
not email Swains and ask them what the truth is?

Also, Jessops own brand slide mounts may be "CS compatible" but are
they just a cheap copy, or do they actually include the same features
that make Reflecta CS slide mounts more desirable than some others?

Reflecta CS slide mounts have a reputation for achieving very good
film flatness. Does the Jessops own brand mount also achieve this?

Old October 26th 05, 09:16 AM
Tony Polson

Peter (the non-dig chap)
wrote:

Hi Tony,
So far Jessops own brand doesn't seem to be worse than Reflecta but one
has to await the long-term outcome! But they don't feel as precise as
Reflecta when mounting the slides.

Thanks Peter.

I will be in Jessops today so I might try the own brand.

Old October 27th 05, 06:40 PM
Peter (the non-dig chap) Peter (the non-dig chap) is offline
Junior Member

Hi Tony,
What do you think of Jessops own brand? By the way, are you like me only shooting slides?
Peter
Old October 28th 05, 11:31 PM
Tony Polson

Peter (the non-dig chap)
wrote:

What do you think of Jessops own brand?

Peter,

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but do the Jessops slide
mounts have the same press stud fixing down the sides (the thin edges
of the mount) as the Reflecta CS mounts? The mounts I normally use
don't have them. The Reflecta mounts seem to hold the film flatter,
probably as a result of having them.

Tony
Old October 29th 05, 04:38 PM
Peter (the non-dig chap) Peter (the non-dig chap) is offline
Junior Member

Tony,
Yes they have the same ones, but one less big press stud on the base (where it opens) and when you close them they don't feel as if they wouldn't click so precisely into shape as the Reflecta ones. Having said that I am actually quite impressed how flat the film is!
Go onto jessops.co.uk and click on storage/mounting and you will find the slides which come in packs of 40.
Peter