PTLens lens profile

Old January 1st 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default PTLens lens profile

Hello,
can someone help me to find the PDF user guide where is described how to
build
a profile for a lens ? I'd like to create a profile for my Zenitar 16mm used
with a
Canon 20D to remove fish-eye effect, but I'm no more able to find hao to on
the PTLens website.

Thanks, Max

Old January 1st 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 21:04:33 +0100, "Q-Max"
wrote:

Hello,
can someone help me to find the PDF user guide where is described how to
build
a profile for a lens ? I'd like to create a profile for my Zenitar 16mm used
with a
Canon 20D to remove fish-eye effect, but I'm no more able to find hao to on
the PTLens website.

You don't need a profile for any fisheye lens, the current
PTLens has a "fisheye" check box which when checked allows
you to interactively de-fish the lens and correct CA as
necessary. There's a grid option to help with this.

--
John Bean
Old January 2nd 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Thanks John for your reply,
I know of the Fish-Eye settings, the idea is to create a proper profile to
automate that correction, without resettings everytime lens distortion
and chromatic aberration.

Max

Old January 2nd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 15:44:08 +0100, "Q-Max"
wrote:

Thanks John for your reply,
I know of the Fish-Eye settings, the idea is to create a proper profile to
automate that correction, without resettings everytime lens distortion
and chromatic aberration.

It should remember them from the last usage. I use it as a
Photoshop plugin and it's also now well-behaved when used in
a PS action, remembering its settings.

The biggest value of the non-profiled use is it doesn't crop
automatically, giving access to the full horizontal field of
view of the lens. The profiled version crops to retain the
original aspect ratio which loses *a lot* of the HFOV.

--
John Bean
Old January 5th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Q-Max" wrote in message
Hello,
can someone help me to find the PDF user guide where is
described how to build a profile for a lens ?

SNIP

The procedure can apparently be found in the PTLens user manual and
requires a donation:
http://www.epaperpress.com/ptlens/index.html , download page.

There are several sources that discuss calibration for distortion and
CA correction.
http://epaperpress.com/pano/index.html discusses it under the
Calibration topic.

There is also a Photoshop tool (action+script) that assists in CA
removal:
http://www.pinlady.net/vr/ There are lots of free tools, and
references to other websites, on that page.

Bart

Old January 5th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Bart van der Wolf" ha scritto nel messaggio

The procedure can apparently be found in the PTLens user manual and
requires a donation:

Thanks Bart,
I've sent a donation yesterday and now I have the complete user manual

There are several sources that discuss calibration for distortion and
CA correction.
http://epaperpress.com/pano/index.html discusses it under the
Calibration topic.

There is also a Photoshop tool (action+script) that assists in CA
removal:
http://www.pinlady.net/vr/ There are lots of free tools, and
references to other websites, on that page.

I'll take a look at these links.

Max

Nikon Lens rlking Digital SLR Cameras 4 November 3rd 05 10:51 AM
FS: Schneider Large-Format Lens TRADE!!! Bill Gillooly General Equipment For Sale 2 February 20th 05 07:43 AM
Digital vs Film - just give in! [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 159 November 15th 04 05:56 PM
perspective w/ 35mm lenses? PrincePete01 Digital Photography 373 August 10th 04 02:21 PM
FS: Nikon F4, Nikkor Lens and accessories. FocaIPoint 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 August 24th 03 07:23 PM