Speaking of photos - mushrooms near here

Old September 29th 13, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Speaking of photos - mushrooms near here

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

--
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media,
Old September 29th 13, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 18:28:39 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

How did you cook them?

Eric Stevens
Old September 30th 13, 12:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-09-29 15:28:39 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

Aah! A fungus feature.

Savageduck

Old September 30th 13, 12:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 9/29/2013 6:28 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

As a photograph, I like #6. It shows a nice layered landscape. Not sure
I would eat any of them though.

--
PeterN
Old September 30th 13, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 2013-09-29 15:28:39 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

Aah! A fungus feature.

At ease disease, there's fungus among us.

--
PeterN
Old September 30th 13, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

How did you cook them?

Not those - but the bolets, bluets, honey mushrooms, oyster mushrooms,
maple mushrooms, etc. have been variously pan cooked, baked (into a
"mushroom/meat loaf"), de-hydrated and 'canned'. (That's my SO's
obsession, but I do seem to benefit somehow). I've become adept at
identifying amanita bisporigera which I wouldn't serve to anyone.

Old September 30th 13, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2013.09.29 19:31 , PeterN wrote:
On 9/29/2013 6:28 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

As a photograph, I like #6. It shows a nice layered landscape. Not sure
I would eat any of them though.

Also a favourite of mine - I confess to black point pushing and a bit of
saturation. There is another place in the woods I need to go shoot in
the evenings because the backdrop colours can be spectacular - the
leaves have begun turning over the past week - though the days are
unseasonably warm.

As to "edibles" there is one that grows on logs called "turkey tail"
which has "medicinal" value (don't ask - I really don't know what it
purports to do - but my SO makes tea from it from time to time (from
dehydrated TT)).

Another looks like a black mass attached to dying birch trees and is a
well reputed anti-cancer treatment. (Chaga - see the wikipedia
article). My SO has gathered a few Kg and makes tea out of it... ( (I
also made a vodka solution/extract of it for long term storage - but
haven't tried it yet). The cancer incidence among the Russian folks who
regularly drink such tea is (reputedly) way below the norms elsewhere.
( I'll drink maybe 10 cups per winter which probably has no benefit at
all ).

(Yes, all folk medicine and one takes from it what one might)

Old September 30th 13, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

wrote:

A bit of time in the local woods ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

How did you cook them?

The aforementioned amanita bisporigera (unfortunately taken with an
iPhone, in the late day, and heavily cropped here...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmvkg9lrk1...isporigera.JPG

Old October 1st 13, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 30/09/2013 10:22 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

How did you cook them?

Not those - but the bolets, bluets, honey mushrooms, oyster mushrooms,
maple mushrooms, etc. have been variously pan cooked, baked (into a
"mushroom/meat loaf"), de-hydrated and 'canned'. (That's my SO's
obsession, but I do seem to benefit somehow). I've become adept at
identifying amanita bisporigera which I wouldn't serve to anyone.

All is 'splained, now...

Old October 1st 13, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 30/09/2013 9:24 AM, Savageduck wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rw2lts70ks7smyb/YQGLc0i-YQ

Aah! A fungus feature.

Do you think that lens has some fungus?