Schneider Componon 80mm f/5.6

Old November 19th 05, 07:02 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Schneider Componon 80mm f/5.6

Hi guys,
I'm looking to purchase the Schneider Componon 80mm f/5.6, and I'm
wondering if it can be mounted on an enlarger with the standard leica
39 mount thread.
Thanks

Old November 20th 05, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

I have an extra Componon 5.6 since I got the newer f4 model to have the
extra aperture for printing Ilfochromes. The older 5.6 model had
smaller threads than 39mm, but I simply had a lensboard with a smaller
hole drilled in it and a retaining ring for the threads to hold it in
place. Worked fine and is still a fine lens.

MXP wrote:

The one I had was a Durst branded Componon 80/5.6 this had a smaller
thread than 39mm. It used a special lens plate with smaller therad.
The plate had the same outer diameter as the ones with 39mm thread.
So it worked perfect.

But why not go for the Componon S 80/4 which has 39mm thread mount?
Darkroom equipment is so cheap now that you can get it for very little
money.
I switched from the 80/5.6 to the 80/4 and the extra stop was very nice.
If you use glass holders you can use 5.6 as your working apperture.

Max

roups.com...

Old November 20th 05, 07:59 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

thank you guys for the info

Old November 22nd 05, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:02:53 -0800, vadim.marmer wrote:

Hi guys,
I'm looking to purchase the Schneider Componon 80mm f/5.6, and I'm
wondering if it can be mounted on an enlarger with the standard leica
39 mount thread.
Thanks

I have a Componon 80/5.6 mounted on my old Durst M600, it has a 25mm
thread (if I remember correctly). If it's the same, you need a custom
adaptor ring to mount it on a 39mm.
Rgs

--
Elia Freddi