Pentax 67 Market

Old December 18th 03, 08:43 PM
Glenn Arden

Default Pentax 67 Market

Is there a market for my 6x7 Pentax?

I keep thinking film has gone by the wayside.

Old December 19th 03, 03:25 AM
Stefan Patric

On Thursday 18 December 2003 11:43, Glenn Arden wrote:

Is there a market for my 6x7 Pentax?

Sure, but you may not like the prices you'll get. Check eBay to get an
average.

I keep thinking film has gone by the wayside.

For medium format? Not yet.

--
Stefan Patric
NoLife Polymath Group

Old December 24th 03, 02:16 AM
Bowser

There's nothing digital that can touch 6x7.

Personally, I love the fact that "digital hysteria" has driven down the
prices of some really nice glass for my Pentax 645. I recently won an
auction for a mint condition 55 2.8 for under $200.

y.com...

Old February 10th 04, 04:38 AM
Michael Weinstein, M.D.

The dealers have told me that even the new Kodak/Nikon 14+ megatpixel
digital cannot equal the quality of my Olympus OM2. So it will be quite a
while before they equal my Pentax 6x7. I'm keeping mine. THere is still
quite a market for yours.
--
Michael Weinstein | "Never underestimate the power of stupid
Nashua, NH | people in large groups."

From: "Glenn Arden"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.marketplace.medium-format
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:43:27 GMT
Subject: Pentax 67 Market

Old February 10th 04, 08:37 AM
Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee

"Michael Weinstein, M.D." wrote in message
The dealers have told me that even the new Kodak/Nikon 14+ megatpixel
digital cannot equal the quality of my Olympus OM2.

They are wrong.
It has been tested.
A Canon Eos 1ds gives results ALMOST as good as 6x7 and way better than
35mm. The grain gets in the way of the detail in 35mm. From my own
experiments I agree.

I use digital (Olympus e20), 35mm AND 6x7.
6x7 is by far the best I have, but I don't have EOS 1ds

Old February 10th 04, 04:14 PM
Robert Feinman

In article , drmike99
@ix.netcom.com says...
The dealers have told me that even the new Kodak/Nikon 14+ megatpixel
digital cannot equal the quality of my Olympus OM2. So it will be quite a
while before they equal my Pentax 6x7. I'm keeping mine. THere is still
quite a market for yours.

This gets discussed frequently. With modern films and the latest
generation of scanners it is possible to get results from 35mm and
larger images that exceed what used to be possible. I have some examples
of results with color negative film and the new Minolta 5400 scanner on
my web site. Enlargements upto 18x without resampling. Results for 6x7
will allow for even larger size prints.
In most cases, however, the final image does not tax the capacity of the
medium so digitial originals look fine. Many people have never seen a
quality print in person so their expectations are met by current average
workflows.
You can view some examples on my web site, follow the tips link on the
home page..

--
Robert D Feinman

Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
http://robertdfeinman.com