FS: Olympus C-2500L

Old December 22nd 03, 04:50 AM
Dylan

x-no-archive: yes

If you think we pros STILL use those cameras you have your head so far up
your ass you'd have trouble recognizing anything other than your own
prostate. The dickhead reference shows, charm, grace and intelligence on
your part. Lots of Kodaks nowadays on the sidelines at NFL games. Thanks for
the laughs. You crack me up.
"Bill" wrote in message
gy.com...
Now, I've done the heavy lifting for you Dylan, you figure out what
resolution these
cameras shoot in. I never said the 2500 compared to them, I said that

there
are still
lots of folks using that resolution in their work.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/dcs620x.html
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2001_...s/dcs720x.html
http://www.steves-digicams.com/d1.html

"Bill" wrote in message
gy.com...
Hey dickhead, did you read my words? Did I say they're using 2500's?

I've
got a clue, you better go buy one.

"Dylan" wrote in message
.. .
x-no-archive: yes

Yes many pro journalists are using 2500s. Why the NPAA mailing list is

full
of 2500 users. Get a clue pal.

Old December 23rd 03, 02:18 AM
Bill

Check the local papers dickhead, there are tons of them still using that
old camera and
happy to have it. They don't need mega mega pixels and if it still works
they see no
reason to fix it. Check the prices they are still commanding at Ebay for
their
antiquated ability to stil take a photograph perfectly suited for printing
low res
on a newspaper press. Tell those guys at the high school football games
taking
photos for their local daily papers that they're not pros because they don't
have
the latest gee whiz camera and they'll stick one of their lens up your
knowitall ass.

.. .

"Bill" wrote in message
gy.com...
Hey dickhead, did you read my words? Did I say they're using 2500's?

I've
got a clue, you better go buy one.

.. .

Old December 23rd 03, 05:26 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

"Bill" wrote in message
gy.com...
Tell those guys at the high school football games
taking
photos for their local daily papers that they're not pros because they

don't
have
the latest gee whiz camera and they'll stick one of their lens up your
knowitall ass.

Bill, as a reasonably experience sports photographer, I find two problems
with your statement:
1. A 110mm zoom isn't sufficient for shooting football, even with sideline
credentials.
2. f/3.9 at 110mm with a max ISO of 400 doesn't work either, at least for
nighttime which is when most football games take place. Even with a strong
(guide number of 180) flash, you're about three stops too slow. Most PJ are
shooting 200mm f/2.8 zooms on Fuji Press 800 pushed two stops, or using a
digital slr body. I've never seen one at a game here in D/FW using ANYTHING
but an interchangeable lens SLR. Even the team dad's are using more than a
3x point & shoot.

Tom P.

Old December 23rd 03, 01:05 PM
Bill

Tom, I agree that NONE of them are using 2500's, didn't use them in the
first place.
I've been arguing resolution, not the specific camera. That was why I
pointed out that
the resolution of the original Nikons and Kodaks were about the same as the
2500.
Bill